( Log Out /  ( Log Out /  This salad is the perfect balance of crunch and flavor. | Privacy Policy. Well I got 2 more sweet potatoes in today's market "box", so maybe I'll make some potato salad out of them instead! And I will get back to the blog afterwards, with lots of pictures of our Vegan Thank... Ok, I know you've all been waiting for this.....haha, well I have. Set aside. first, stem the sweet potatoes in a pan for about 8 minutes, or until soft. It’s an adaptable dish, too—don’t like tempeh? Sauté over medium heat until golden and beginning to turn crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently. If you’re not following me on Pinterest, do it [, This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, « Asana Lab: Finding Mula Bandha. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Not only did I love the flavors, but my 8 year old son did as well. This is delicious. Will this recipe be very kale-y? Slice half a tempeh into cubes and toss in soy sauce, chili garlic, garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder. Add another tbsp of vegetable oil to the pan and add your sweet potato noodles, tossing regularly for 2-3 minutes. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. 1/3 cup tahini in a small bowl, add the tahini and the hot water and let it soften for about a minute. Add the potatoes & cook on med heat. Tempeh: Slice half a tempeh into cubes and toss in soy sauce, chili garlic, garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder. About Monica Stone. The potatoes should be done by now (10 minutes total at the most). This Sweet Potato Kale Hash recipe is an easy way to add veggies to your breakfast. Totally delicious! i wish i liked ginger but im still fighting that one! Tempeh is the main protein source and potatoes provide a hearty helping of carbohydrates. This supremely nourishing trio of ingredients—tempeh, kale, and sweet potatoes—are the basis of a quick, colorful, and comforting meal. , and since I’ve gotten more into it, I’ve been pinning recipes like crazy! It’s Kind Of Like Tetris In The Belly, 6 Anti-Valentines Day Movies To Watch, and Why It’s Awesome To Be Single On Valentines Day », 2 1/2 Tablespoons Whole Foods Chophouse Seasoning (or whatever smokey type seasoning you can find). I eat mostly a plant-based diet and love finding new vegan & raw recipes to try. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Maca Root: Are There Side Effects or Precautions? Set aside. Stir on medium heat until all sides are golden brown. I was looking for something with tons of nutrients and flavor, but also light and satisfying. So glad this worked for you, and I love hearing about readers’ tweaks and substitutions! Sounds like you figured it out, but thanks for the eagle eye! Full of flavor and nutrients, this gluten free and vegan breakfast hash will be a morning favorite! If you’d like to keep the skins on, scrub them well. She teaches yoga, practices daily, and runs a Spiritual Book Club in Orlando, FL. this came from hannah’s blog which can be found here! Add red bell pepper and onion for sweetness and kale for a healthy helping of greens. ( Log Out /  One-pot sweet potato noodle dish that's ready in 20 minutes! So glad you enjoyed this. That’s what I did – but I’m really such a novice cook, I need the most basic instructions :). Sweet Potato Noodles with Maple-Glazed Tempeh (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free) AuthorHannah [cooked-sharing] Yields 2 Servings Prep Time8 mins Cook Time12 mins Total Time20 mins 3 sweet potatoes, spiralized into noodles 6 oz tempeh 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce ½ tbsp rice … It turned out great. tahini sauce: 1/3 cup tahini 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp. Sweet Potato Noodles with Maple-Glazed Tempeh (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free) Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the cashews, and serve at once. Heat a non-stick pan with 1-2 tablespoons of sesame oil and toss in the tempeh. Stir in the diced sweet potatoes, tempeh, and scallions and/or cilantro and cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes longer. This supremely nourishing trio of ingredients—tempeh, kale, and sweet potatoes—are the basis of a quick, colorful, and comforting meal. Pro tip: Sprinkle with nutritional yeast just before serving for an extra burst of flavor – and a dose of Vitamin B12, which is important for nerve health and only naturally occurs in animal products. EATING KALE (old) I'm a classical musician and a vegetarian. then add the garlic, tamari, and maple syrup and whisk together thoroughly. and WOW..I am impressed with how amazing it was! I'm a classical musician and a vegetarian. the flavors complimented each other so nicely! Filed Under: Recipes Tagged With: Kale, Sweet Potato, Tempeh, Vegan, Vegetarian. 1 small sweet potato, chopped into cubes (I used a garnet, but it’s up to your preference!) Cold Cucumber Soup, Raw Butternut Squash, and Brownies. Spread onto a greased baking sheet evenly. Change ). I just don’t care for the taste or smell of curry? In a bowl, combine 1-2 tablespoons of sesame oil, ginger powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt and toss in the sweet potatoes until fully coated in the mixture. Wash the kale and in a large bowl, combine the avocado, kale, sweet potato, tempeh, and sunflower seeds. The Yogi Movement with Monica Stone http://www.theyogimovement.com/, I love simple recipes! hot water The sweet potato, kale and tempeh are a great combination! add as much or as little sauce as you want! Do you have another spice recommendation for this dish. I think the coconut oil and sweet potatoes are a must in this recipe. 1 tbsp. this is what I did, but I will have the original link posted below: ingredients: Home; Recipes; Veg-Friendly Restaurants; Friday, September 25, 2009. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. first, stem the sweet potatoes in a pan for about 8 minutes, or until soft. Great in the cold weather. Lemon Ginger Tea: 5 Reasons Why You Should Drink It. Your email address will not be published. Thank you. LS. First time making it. It’s great with chard in place of kale, as well. Great way to make use of all those healthy odds and ends you have in the fridge. maple syrup I didn’t change a thing except to heat it up with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.