Cook the beef. Add all ingredients in and mix together to evenly combine. These cookies do not store any personal information. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Print Recipe. This is my favourite one yet! Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes. At any time you may withdraw consent. It’s important for the beef to be somewhat dry at this stage which is why we drained off any liquids from the pan. I know that I’ve claimed that all the recipes in the series, How to Make Great Taco Recipes, that “these tacos are super easy to make” but they are! Combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, grated garlic and ginger together. Measure out ½ a cup of your leftover bouillon broth and place it into the other large bowl with the marinade ¼ cup at a time, and stir to combine. Cut and Serve: Cut steak into 1/2 inch long strips and then the strips into small pieces. Continue cooking the beef strips and allow them to begin to brown. Once the beef is cooked and is no longer pink, lower the heat and add the marinade you set aside a tbsp at a time, tossing to coat the beef strips. Remove from heat and let it rest to seal in all the savory juices. When I’m not thinking about food, just kidding - I’m always thinking about food. Waiting until writing each post just extended the process. The Best Steak Tacos Flavor Profile: Salty – soy sauce; Sweet – corn; Spicy – Jalapeno; Meat like component (substance) – flank steak; Briny component – crumbled feta cheese; Rich creamy component – avocado crema; The special ingredient in the steak marinade is soy sauce, I got this idea from Sam the Cooking Guy. In a large skillet on high heat, add the oil. I agree, more soy curl recipes, please. Grilled with charred edges caramelized from a marinade, sliced across the grain for tenderness and served up as the main course, in these flank steak tacos, I’m loving each and every bite. If you don't have enough liquid repeat step one. I’m going to start buying soy curls weekly. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Grill: Grill beef (per recipe below). As I look back on my older posts, I can clearly see the improvement in photos and the knowledge of how to take photos that make someone hungry. Soy curls are an easy, shelf-stable vegan protein that easily transforms itself into steak-style taco filling. I struggled this month with writing down recipe ingredients and instructions before I wrote each post. Flank Steak Tacos. I have been comfortable with creating recipes only because I have not been challenging myself enough. Very tasty! This month, I continued to pay attention to photos. It truly helps me & I really appreciate any support! Most I have seen use vital wheat gluten. To make vegan steak strips for the tacos, all you need is soy curls, boullion cube and seasonings to get an authentic steak strip look and taste. The recipe below is no different. Let steak rest for 5-10 minutes. Add your soy curls and allow them to soak for 5-10 mins. Pour the marinade over the thinly sliced beef and turn all pieces to ensure an even coating. 5-ingredients and 30-minutes (20 of which are hands off) are all you need to create this amazingly flavorful steak dish that can be served with anything from rice to being wrapped in a fresh homemade corn tortilla for a truly tasty fusion of Asian and Mexican flavors!. the best italian sausage and pepper pizza, the best pizza dough recipe with active dry yeast, bulliet bourbon cocktail with blackberries and basil, Meat like component (substance) – flank steak. steak tacos with fresh pico {2 servings} flat iron beef chuck . Remove the beef from the heat and set aside. How to Make Steak Tacos. This month was the second month of doing the learning series, How I’m Learning to Cook Great Food. Loved the recipe especially with the soy curls as we cannot eat gluten. Meet Millie, the official dog of The Food Journal. 3 medium pieces of steak- about 1.5 pounds 1/4 cup soy sauce 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar juice of one lime 1/2 teaspoon minced/chopped garlic 1 stalk chopped green onion P to taste. Layer the soy curls and your toppings of choice. Meanwhile, in a small bowl with a fork combine corn starch with 1 tbsp of water until it's dissolved. This vegan steak tacos recipe only takes 22 mins to make and you can be topped with my vegan chimichurri sauce! Ensure they are covered with the bouillon, and let them sit for 10 minutes. You should hear the steak sizzle when it hits the pan. To make vegan steak strips for the tacos, all you need is soy curls, boullion cube and seasonings to get an authentic steak strip look and taste. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. (Do not discard excess marinade). Simply delicious – amazing recipe … However, in my view it pairs PERFECTLY with a fresh and warm homemade corn tortilla (topped with a scoop of my simple 5-minute guacamole) for decadent and delicious steak tacos that are on repeat request in our household .