It’s got all that lovely Southern flavour, but thanks to the ingredients – and the fact that it’s oven baked instead of fried – you can quite easily incorporate it into almost any diet or healthy lifestyle that you might be following. Coating the chicken is not always the easiest.. it will not stick perfectly.. try to cover the chicken as much as possible.. then feel free to put the chicken onto the baking tray and add more couscous on the top. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Maybe add it slowly bit by bit until you are happy that you have a sticky mixture rather than really runny. Your privacy is important to us. After all of the chicken is coated, spritz with Frylight and place into the oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden and the chicken is cooked through. ps I do not count it as a tweak either. 25g Couscous used as coating or flour should be classed as 4.5 Syns. If it already feels too runny do not add the remainder of the egg. Fakeaway. Get the Recipe Slow Cooked Spicy Asian Beef Eat cold or reheat in the oven for 10-15 minutes on 180c. So for this recipe, I really recommend trying out Spicentice’s Southern Fried Chicken Seasoning. I reckon that’s pretty good value for Syns, and it’s an amount that I’m happy to part with for a meal as satisfying as this one! But it’s also a doddle to make at home when you have a little more time. Okay just put a bit less water Then leave he cous cous to expand It shouldn’t be runny at all before u add the eggs. This recipe is also perfect with the now infamous Mayflower Southern Style Gravy Mix. You can pick this up in B&M, Home Bargains, & Heron Foods, as well as online via Amazon. Here is why I do not believe this particular recipe deserves to be Synned… The couscous is still being used in it’s usual manner. I consulted many other recipes and discovered there are a lot of different ways to create a KFC Fakeaway. evening i was wondering if there can be cooked then frozen. I had no issues with the stickiness – we were doubling the quantities for more chicken but used 3 eggs and it seemed the perfect consistency. IS THE RECIPE SUITABLE FOR FREEZING/REHEATING? Place on the baking tray. Sign up for my weekly email so you never miss a new recipe! Any idea how much less I should use? “If we weren’t eating healthily what would you have right now?” he replied “KFC”! I would not tweak this recipe, back in 2015 tweaks did not exist in the SW community either. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. You can pick these up in most supermarkets, and they’re what are responsible for the majority of the Syns here. It’s a friendly, positive online community, and you’ll connect with lots of other people on their own weight loss and healthy lifestyle journeys. Do remember that the Syn and calorie counts included here are just for the chicken, so you’ll need to count any accompaniments separately! In another bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the milk. If it’s one of your favourites too, have a go at these next time you fancy getting experimental in the kitchen…. Serve with your choice of side dishes, and enjoy! FREE. This means that sometimes if you click through to a website and register or purchase something, I get a commission from that sale at no extra cost to you. . These chicken satay skewers are super simple, but impressive enough for when you want to entertain friends and family. To freeze: Allow to cool, place into a freezer bag and store for up to one month. There is no real perfection to this recipe its trial and error to get it right for you. thank you x, i wouldn’t suggest reheating chicken in my opinion unless you are going to eat it cold and thats fine , Just tried this but I think I put in too much boiling water as once the eggs went in it didn’t really go sticky….bit of a bloody disaster for me but I’m starving so it’s getting eaten lol. Very good if you fancy a ‘naughty’ dinner . It’s not actually available to the public and is the fast food chain’s most closely guarded secret. When it comes to a quick, easy, and tasty dinner, chicken is hard to beat. Why not pin this recipe so you can come back to it later? When it comes to the actual recipe and method that KFC use to create their delicious Southern fried chicken, your guess is as good as mine. Mix well, and leave to marinate for 10 minutes. I don’t get in till 7pm so would make life easier! Mix thoroughly. You could even stuff them into a burger bun or a pitta bread, with plenty of salad and a little light garlic sauce. I’m here to share advice, tips, and recipes so you can make Slimming World work for you. To find out more, read our privacy policy and disclaimer. I.E here we are using couscous as a coating rather than cooking it to eat fully expanded. This mild and creamy-tasting Slimming World chicken korma will guarantee big smiles all round! I used just enough water to coat the mixture and added the eggs so have no idea wht I had this problem. will let you know, I coated the chicken with the egg and then the cous cous, stuck perfectly, it’s in the oven so we’ll see x, Absolutley LOVE this recipe….deffinately making it more often.
A tweak is when you use a particular Syn free food in a way it is not meant to be consumed. Fatgirlskinny.net | Slimming World Recipes & More, Food blog with healthy recipes and Slimming World information. The one stop place for all the Best Slimming World Chinese Fakeaway Recipes that you can cook in your own home. Stir everything … You’ll also get free shipping if you spend over £20! You can’t beat chicken and chips, so a side portion of slimming friendly chips is a great option as a side dish. Stir everything together. Serves 4. This chicken fajita pasta is great if you’re in the mood for Mexican food with a bit of a twist. If you love discovering new slimming friendly recipe ideas and inspiration, then you’ll love the Slimming Violet Facebook Group. If I may be as audacious to say though, I think that this Slimming World KFC chicken fakeaway recipe that I’m sharing here will delight even the most passionate of fried chicken eaters. On a large plate, add the breadcrumbs, the remaining Spicentice mix, and a tsp of salt. Hi, do you think you could make the KFC style chicken the night before and leave it in the fridge ready for dinner the next day. I can’t really say. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
. I had the ingredients in a bowl and added enough water to cover the lot – about the same amount as uke milk you put on a bowl of cornflakes. Slimming World Canada Friendly Food Products; Slimming World Grocery Hauls; Tips; Reviews; Meal Plans. gonna try this, and will follow the instructions carefully, even though it does say don’t add all the egg at once cant believe how many people are getting it wrong . I’m looking forward to welcoming you and saying hello! Was it too runny before you added the eggs ? Make sure you check out this important information first though…. 1 hour . There’s 6 Syns in this KFC style chicken, or 353 calories. So whilst you’ll find plenty of speculation and theories online, I’m willing to hazard a guess on a couple of things…. Well the challenge was on… I set about finding a way to create a healthy version of the popular takeaway brand. Pour boiling water into the bowl until it literally just covers the couscous (no more). Thanks. Pre heat the oven to 220c/200c/gas mark 7. No problem whatsoever – but please don’t screenshot or copy and paste. If you're serious about sticking rigidly to your plan, it's always worth doing your own calculations for extra peace of mind - and remember, we may be using different brands or variations of ingredients which can significantly impact the nutritional and Syn values! Firstly, most of them are inevitably incorrect. Add the chicken to a bowl and add 1/4 of the Spicentice sachet.