Rosemary reduces oxidative stress in the brain, which is a tale tell sign of age-related cognitive decline (10). Gonzalez de Mejia and the team analyzed four different herbs. By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Gallic acid fights inflammation by inhibiting the function of polymorphonuclear leukocytes (8). Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. This insulin-like action is believed to be due to a substance called polypeptide-P. Drink one small glass of this juice first thing every morning. Do this twice every day to see a reduction of blood glucose levels. Bitter melon has also been found to contain a phytonutrient called charantin that allows the glucose from the blood to be moved into the muscles, adipose (fat) tissue and liver, lowering blood glucose levels in diabetics. All rights reserved. It has been used as a galactogogue a substance used to increase the secretion of milk in. Also read. Your email address will not be published. (Read: 10 diet dos and don’ts for diabetics) Also Read - Ganesh Chaturthi 2020: 4 reasons an eco-friendly Ganesha is good for you, How the herbs are grown makes a difference, said Elvira Gonzalez de Mejia, a professor at University of Illinois in the US. Used in paranthas and various Indian curries, Methi has many health benefits. Select a green bitter gourd, slice it lengthwise, and scrape away the flesh to remove the seeds. It particularly targets the region that controls learning and memory. However, fresh herbs have more polyphenols and flavonoids. (Read: Beat diabetes with these 7 foods (Gallery)), Here are some herbal remedies for diabetes. For the study, the researchers tested four different herbs, either greenhouse-grown or dried commercial versions, for their ability to interfere with a diabetes-related enzyme, which is also a target of a prescription drug for the disease. The most notable health benefits of oregano tea include its ability to clear up respiratory issues, prevent cancer, protect heart health, boost immunity, and aid in weight loss, just to name a few.. Respiratory Conditions. Cinnamon may stop the development of Parkinson's disease. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. This has a beneficial effect on metabolic syndromes (4). These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Boil one cup of water and add 2 tablespoons of methi seeds, steep for about 10 minutes and then strain and consume the liquid. This study shows that organic herbs like rosemary and oregano can help provide similar effects to these medications that lower blood sugar. But this did not affect the concentration required to inhibit the enzyme. Fresh and dry herbs both lower blood sugar. Yes, I would like to receive emails from StepIn2MyGreenWorld. By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. Commercial extracts of Greek oregano, Mexican oregano and rosemary were better inhibitors of the enzyme, required to reduce risk of type-2 diabetes, than greenhouse-grown herbs. ZEE ENTERTAINMENT ENTERPRISES LTD, 18th floor, A-Wing, Marathon Futurex, N. M. Joshi Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400013. Oregano has a long history of safe use in foods and food products. While there are tons of herbs we can use to elevate our cooking, three herbs that belong in any chef’s kitchen are oregano, rosemary, and thyme. And so, rosemary helps to manage complications of diabetes as well as the disease itself. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Example: Yes, I would like to receive emails from Step Into My Green World | STEPin2.