For a lower carb spin, the egg salad is served on cabbage or lettuce wraps. Garnish with extra chives and pepper. Add asparagus and bacon to potatoes with half the dressing. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain of excess grease and let rest. Heat the oven to 350˚ F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. This can be a pretty quick meal if you get the workflow down, and I am amazed at how quickly such a phenomenal salad can come together. Uncle Jerry’s Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. use the amount you like). Join over 3.000 visitors who are receiving our newsletter and learn how to optimize your blog for search engines, find free traffic, and monetize your website. Break the eggs in half and place over the top. Creamy egg salad with crisp bacon is served in fresh avocado halves. Most recently I added some delicious summer sweet corn, and I think avocado and tomatoes would also be a wonderful addition. Congrats! Wallah! (Do not use plastic or bamboo!) But something saltier is better here.Nutrition Information: Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g© Jerry Cuisine: American / Category: Appetizer The Giveaway: Candied Bacon Egg Salad on Crispy Won ton Spoons. As in Bacon. Whisk to combine. A playful way to serve appetizers at your next party Print IngredientsFor the Candied Bacon: 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 2 Tablespoons Sassy Mama Hatch Chili Mustard 6 strips baconFor the Won ton Spoons: 12 won ton Wrappers, cut into spoon shapes Bacon grease SaltFor the Egg Salad: 5 hard boiled eggs, divided 2 green onions, chopped 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise (More or less. Chop coarsely once cool. Mix mustard and brown sugar together in a large plastic bag. Here’s a look at the prize pack, just in case you’re not convinced you need it yet. Sizzle for about 15 mins until … I also get to give away the same sample pack of mustards that I’m using for this competition! We hate spam. Mix mustard and brown sugar together in a large plastic bag. Candied Bacon Egg Salad on Crispy Wonton Spoons ~ A Contest And a #SaucyMama Giveaway, Macaroni Salad with Cheddar and Pepper Bacon Recipe, Bacon Roses: How to make bacon roses the easy way, How to Butcher a Turkey and Save Yourself a Ton of Money (How to Part Out a Turkey), The Ultimate Roast Turkey Recipe, Perfect for your Holiday Table, 2 Tablespoons Sassy Mama Hatch Chili Mustard, 12 won ton Wrappers, cut into spoon shapes, 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise (More or less. No mess!). Sprinkle any remaining mustard-sugar mixture onto the bacon. To serve: Put the potatoes on a large serving platter. This way, the fat will fry the bacon to a perfect crisp but not come in contact with the metal pan, creating a mess. Originally I was going to use won ton cups, but on a whim i decided to see if I could use the same technique to turn the same idea into something a little more playful. you need to win this! Chop 4 strips of the candied bacon finely. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper. From Nigella Kitchen by Nigella Lawson. Place each one of the cut out shapes onto a ceramic or metal spoon. Mix mustard and brown sugar together in a large plastic bag. But why just use bacon when you can use candied bacon? Cut remaining pieces of candied bacon into small pieces. Take a sec, leave a comment and I really do hope you win. Drop bacon in and shake like crazy to coat bacon. Garnish with chopped green onion tops.Share and enjoy!NotesIf you don't want to deal with the wonton spoons, you're free to use wonton bowls, filo cups, crackers, toast or anything else yo're comfortable with. concept and techniques adapted from Food52 Mighty Salads. Of course, it is highly adaptable depending on what you have on hand and what is in season. But if you’ve been following along with us for any length of time you’ll know we couldn’t stop there. You should receive a text message shortly. Trust me, in terms of a food blog, only having a few days to get something done, photographed written and edited make the 30 minute deadline on that TV show sound pretty luxurious!