Google, Whenever I cook a recipe like this, I always feel like I’m in the posh restaurant. Remembering my notes and referring technique from Food Network, I prepared mussels with white wine sauce in Instant Pot. Add 1 cup beef broth, anise-flavored liqueur, jalapeno pepper, and red chile pepper to garlic-shallot mixture; bring to a boil. Crusty bread is meant to enjoy the delicious butter-garlic white wine sauce loaded with ocean flavor. No one has attempted cooking mussels in IP. We both finished whole baguette. Discard Not-opened mussels Before Serving. Add garlic and onion then cook stirring constantly until lightly browned. White Wine Sauce also goes great with pasta such as Linguine or Angel Hair. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Always buy fresh mussels on the day of cooking. Every seafood restaurant has mussels with white wine dish on the menu. Shop products we use: My Instant Pot does great job in extracting flavor from mussels in just 1 minute. To toast bread, I slice and rub with clove of garlic. Can't beat the results. Or heat your favorite deep sauce pan (such as Dutch Oven). This is my first Mussel's Recipe on the blog. Although recipe calls for red chili pepper, I use green when I can't find the red. This is 2-in-1 recipe with complete guide to  cleaning mussels and cooking in Instant Pot with amazing citrus, butter, garlic and wine sauce. Cook just until all mussels open. Specially, fresh steamed mussels are often on our menu. I was told to not bring my expertise to table. Set aside. © 2011-2020 - Chef De Home. Wash mussels thoroughly under cold running water. 7.9 g This recipe is Copyright of ChefDeHome.com, (to get 1 tsp zest, 1 tbsp juice, save rest for serving), (adjust per taste, we like heat so use up-to 2-3 teaspoons), (scallion, chopped, white and green divided). Close the lid or seal the cover of instant pot. CDH Amazon Shop Think about the money you will save. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the mussels have steamed open. Craving for more? Also including instruction for regular stove-top cooking). (cliche me. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. This was amazing. Don’t overcook. After time is up, QR (Quick Release) Pressure. Add remaining olive oil, aromatic paste prepared in step 2, and saute for 1 min. Strain juice to remove any broken bits of shell, herb stalks and any little crabs which might have been trapped inside. Add sambal chili paste, lime zest, juice, chicken stock and cleaned mussels. Request a Recipe. Pair it with good quality wine, add freshly baked bread and you have a meal to remember. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Discard it. I did make a few minor changes, as it was raining cats and dogs and I didn't feel like going to the store. Set to Manual - High Pressure - 1 minute. Garnish with green part of scallions, more cilantro leaves. : So, I thought cooking Mussels in white wine sauce is the way to go. I mix in cooked pasta into the sauce after taking out the mussels. Mussels which do not open in this time will never open. I have included instructions for regular stove top cooking as well. Dead mussel is no good eat. I did make some changes. French Or Sour Dough baguette both work perfectly. When I plan to cook mussels, I prefer to buy pre-cleaned Mediterranean Mussels (sweetest of all). The amount of flavor IP creates in 1 minute of cooking mussels is simply amazing. I used "heavy" cream, so I skipped the cornstarch all-together. (Don't let paste burn but just fragrant the oil.). Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to individual serving bowls discarding any that have not opened. Can you believe, I cooked mussels in, everyone’s new favorite, Instant Pot. Can’t go better than white wine, garlic and mussels! Cooking is very simple. (oil helps grinding easier.) Now, you can make this restaurant special at home, from scratch, in 30 minutes. ;-) This recipe got you covered. Mix butter in sauce that remains in the pot. Congrats! It is quick, easy, delicious and above all takes "intimidation" out of cooking mussels at home! Live mussels will open-up and die if left in air-tight bag or too warm conditions. These were a nice change from our "standard" mussels recipe! https://www.chefdehome.com/recipes/877/mussels-white-wine-sauce Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. We all enjoyed these, and I would make them again, but I'd cut the beef broth back (maybe to 1 cup), as it ended up slightly on the salty side. Add white wine. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the mussels have steamed open. Good news! Then, add rest of the ingredients along with cleaned mussels. Few years ago, Vishal tried mussels with white wine garlic sauce in a restaurant. But if you own IP, I can tell you IP is the best vessel to extract flavor from mussels and cook’em just right – buttery, delicious! Add a splash of the beef stock, jalapeno and red chilli … Plan a Dinner Date, a Fall Welcome dinner, or call Boss for dinner and get a raise. Pour over mussels in platter, garnish with fresh chopped herbs and serve. I used 1/2 of a red bell pepper in place of the red chili pepper, and didn't have any anise flavored liqueur, but I DID have some star anise, so I just added one to the broth while it was simmering (and this worked great). All rights reserved. Dip crusty bread into sauce to complete the entree! Get rid of any dirt or sea weeds sticking outside. Total Carbohydrate I had 3 lines of notes. 3-4 minutes regular sauce pan or a minute in IP. Pour sauce over the mussels. Discard Dead Mussels Before Cooking. Add fresh chopped cilantro, splash of lemon juice. Next, I add in White Wine and let alcohol boil off. Dunk into hot white wine sauce and devour as you eat mussels. This is how I clean/store/sort mussels at home: If you buy fresh mussels, follow above steps to clean and select good mussels, and use good cooking technique like I’m sharing today. Close the lid of Instant Pot. Nothing more delicious than dunking a crusty bread in yummy ocean-flavored white wine sauce. (Oh, don't worry if you don't have IP. Check *recipe notes for details. Mussels cook super fast. In regular pot, it takes 5 minutes until all mussels open. Open the lid. (affiliate links) Butter will nicely melt with heat of sauce making sauce rich and delicious. Drum-rolls!! You can also fine chop or use mortar-pestle which will not need oil. Place the wine, herbs and garlic in an extra large saucepan then pile in the mussels. Designed by Savita Verma. De-Beared Mussels – Remove beared hanging on side of each shell. I used a vegetable broth instead of beef broth. Wonderful recipe. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. Remove beard using a sharp knife if needed. Vishal said he will cook mussels just like he ate in restaurant. Add mussels and lemon juice to boiling broth mixture and cover stockpot with a lid; cook until shells open, about 5 minutes. I'm not very big on dairy so gave that the axe. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Discard any shells that didn't open. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Heat Instant Pot on Saute setting. Bread with brown at edges. Place cleaned once back on a pot filled with ice or cold water. Of course I have to personalize every recipe I never follow a specific recipe. Multi Seeds Molasses Wheat Bread with Coconut Oil, Homemade Restaurant-Style Indian Garlic Naan. ), I had notes of an oriental mussel's recipe which I read in a cookbook on our trip to Boeing Visitor Center. Delicious way to serve mussels. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. 99% of mussels will open. Transfer mussels to a wide serving bowl. Info. It was SO good. This delicious recipe for mussels in white wine sauce is not only easy to make, but it’s also perfect for a romantic dinner for two! What would you like me to cook next? You saved Mussels in White Wine Sauce to your. even on Boeing Visit I was getting inspired to cook.). Pasta can also be served on side. In IP, it takes 1 minute. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. And a light sprinkle of spearmint and parsley from the garden. If you request the shop-keeper/guy in Fish department of Whole Foods, he will happily clean the mussels for you. For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission. But, I connected with use of garlic, and wine in the recipe. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.