Just assemble the ingredients, fold the tortilla and cook! Carefully transfer the crunchwrap seam side down on the hot griddle. Your feedback is always super helpful for me and other readers who are planning to try the recipe. Since I have made this dish at home, I have stopped eating crunchwrap from taco bell, as homemade is so much better taste wise. My version of crunchwrap is a vegetarian version where meat is replaced with a tasty black bean filling. Have you ever had one? I used store-bought large flour tortillas and crunchy small corn tortilla chips in this recipe, but if you want to make your own tortillas you can find the recipe. ❤️ So glad your boyfriend loved this recipe, too! Super easy and looks delicious! I prefer using a Mexican cheese blend or sometimes follow my heart cheddar cheese for a vegan spin. On top of that, add 1 tablespoon of the following: vegan sour cream, guacamole, and vegan cheese. To do that, simply place a smaller round shape such as a bowl or a tostada on the large tortilla. Now flip the wrap and cook on another side for a minute or until golden brown. Instead of using two different size tortilla’s you can also cut circles out of the bigger tortilla and use them to seal. I mean, can you see how good does it look?! Tortillas - This is a core ingredient to make the wrap. It is a Taco Bell inspired recipe without meat. In Vitamix or any blender, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth puree. Press gently so they hold shape. Required fields are marked *. Definitely will be making this again. Sour cream makes a great topping for this crunchy wraps. I had to get a little helpf from Jasine because for once my hands weren’t big enough to hold it!If you make this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. They're more likely to try new things! We share fresh and fun recipes to show you that vegan cooking is easy, approachable and delicious. 6. The Vegetarian Crunchwrap Supreme is a twist on the classic menu item, replacing the beef with black beans. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes and set it aside to cool. Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. To close the crunch wrap, start at the bottom … When it comes to this recipe, there is no wrong way to assemble these and they really could not be any easier. Next layer on the avocado crema (or guacamole or mashed avocados and sour-cream). This wrap is a complete meal in itself and quite filling too so we prefer to eat it just on its own. This filling will make 4 crunchwraps. The Crunchwrap Supreme just feels more interesting flavor wise compared to other foods in the menu. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Repeat for the second and third crunchwrap. Just Made this and it is amazing! Add the onion and fry for about 3 minutes until translucent. My blog is all about easy to make delicious meals with a twist. Approximately 4-5 mins each side. Vegetarian Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe – Refried beans, cheese sauce, crunchy tostadas, sour cream, chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, Jalapenos, and shredded cheese all wrapped inside a large burrito tortilla and then pan roasted until perfectly golden brown in color. But anyways, this homemade version looks a LOT more vibrant, fresher, tastier, and is probably even more inexpensive! If you're looking for a new #meatlessmonday meal to add to your repertoire, Vegetarian Crunchwrap Supremes should surely make the list. Bitchin sauce would be delicious too. There may be slight discoloration (expected due to oxidization of avocado), just mix and use. It is one of Taco Bell's (Mexican/Tex-Mex fast food restaurant) most famous and loved recipes. It’s loaded up with refried beans, vegan beef crumbles, veggies, sour cream, a homemade chipotle cashew cheese, and guacamole. Make the remaining crunchwrap in similar manner. Vegetarian Crunchwrap Supreme is the meatless and tastier version of Taco bell’s famous creation, crunchwrap supreme. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It's way better (and healthier) than anything you'll get at a fast food chain. Next layer on the avocado crema (or guacamole or mashed avocados and sour-cream). You know, I totally love trying new Mexican recipes so I thought these crunchy wraps would be a great complement here on the blog. Homemade Crunch Wrap Supreme, makes six. The crunchwrap supreme recipe may look lengthy and a lot of steps but honestly its very easy. Then flip it over and cook on the other side too. Tostadas - These are crispy tortilla's like tortilla chips. I have a tiny confession to make. Substitution: You can use any beans of choice, like canned or boiled kidney-beans (rajma), refried beans or simply a stir-fry of your favorite veggies. This recipe is great for kids because it's fun and easy to eat since it's hand held! Add all ingredients listed for making crema to a blender and blending until smooth and thick. Gently place the crunchwrap in the pan, folded edges side down. Queso - It a tex-mex cheese sauce with some chilli peppers. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and place crunch wrap on the skillet, with the folded side down. If you are using tortilla chips you may be able to close the wrap using just the big tortilla, so skip the smaller one. Fold the large tortilla up and around the crispy tortilla and filling folding in a clockwise manner until you have 5-6 folds and flip over fold side down. The combination of the filling with the avocado and cheese sauce is just delicious! As you can see folding a Crunchwrap is easier than you may have thought. Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, red bell pepper or substitute other vegetables of your choice (*. Most of the recipes on my blog are made under 30 minutes or less. Toppings - Lettuce, onion, tomato, green onions, cilantro, pickled jalapeños (optional but highly recommend). You are going to love this promise!! Keep folding overlapping some of the tortilla over the previous fold. It’s important to use a large 10″ tortilla for the wrap. So glad you love this recipe! Scoop 2 tablespoons of refried beans into the center of the tortilla and then spread it out with a spoon in a circular pattern, about the size of the tostada you are using. This recipe is highly customizable and I've mentioned alternatives where available. , This was the easiest and funnest Friday-night recipe! After preparing the no-meat taco filling, vegan cheese sauce, and the fresh vegetables, you’ll also need to cut some of your tortillas into smaller ones (if you don’t have any like me). You can also use whole wheat or flavored like spinach/tomato or gluten-free. Substitution: you can use guacamole or simply some chopped/ mashed avocados and sour cream. Finally, stir in the drained beans. Plus they're so versatile! Actually, it tastes almost like the original from Taco Bell so you’ll never know it is 100% vegan! Your email address will not be published. Using the back of your spoon mash the beans a few times. In a large pan over medium heat, add in the bell pepper and onion with a little bit of water or oil, and allow to cook down for about 5 minutes, or until soft.