Thank you for supporting the brands that support A Taste of Koko! I'm Sue, the author/cook/photographer behind My Korean Kitchen. I’m from Belgium and I came to know about korean street food just by watching kdramas. . It also gives a nice warm cinnamon smell! My daughter loves the Nutella version! amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "mkkbelowpost-20"; Here I share eight of the best Korean street food recipes you can try in your own home. . Custom interactive map developed by Vessel. It is deep-fried till its crunchy. A single potato is cut into a swirl, fried, and then seasoned with different powders or sauces. Many of my readers already raved about this recipe. These are cylindrical shapes of rice cake, cooked with pieces of fish and are spicy because of chilly. You can easily fill your stomach up with many varieties of food! amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Thanks for the list and recipe! The rice cakes are chewy and the sauce is sweet and spicy. One staple food of Korea, also available as street food is this dish of Tteokbokki. (There are many that I haven’t tried yet, so I’m very much looking forward to my next visit to Korea!). Chapssal donuts are deep fried donuts that are made with sweet rice flour. It’s so good! Keep up your awesome work. It’s crispy outside and the inside is filled with sweet gooey sugar jam indulgence! If you’ve been to Korea before, you will know that Korea is famous for it’s street food (길거리 음식)! The most expensive Korean street food goes to the grilled cheese lobster at 15,000 won ($15) a pop. Tornado Sausages: The people who are on a diet or who like to eat healthily are not … You usually always see at least one tornado potato street food stand – I’ve had them in Mexico City and Taipei but they’re still fun to eat. You can see which regions around the world your ancestors come from and learn how your DNA can influence your facial features, hair, taste preferences, sleep quality, and more. She lives in Austin Texas with her dog and cat. Dakgangjeong are deep fried boneless chicken nuggets that are coated with Korea’s special sticky, spicy, and sweet sauce. Find the Information’s on Beauty, Fashion, Celebrities, Food, Health, Travel, Parenting, Astrology and more. What are you? Last month, I had my parents both take 23andMe and we discovered that the Korean ancestry comes from my mom’s side. The young people like to munch of them with ketchup and sometimes sugar. Number one Korea street food you have to eat is Tteokbokki, spicy rice cakes cooked in gochujang. Here I talk all about my love and passion for Korean food and Korean fusion food. Everybody loves a good fried snack. They are easy to follow and fun and delicious to make! It’s super moreish, crunchy and makes a perfect finger food! This is the vintage Korean Street Food Recipe. A traveller going to Korea would come across a variety of street foods and would enjoy them if they know how to choose and can differentiate between healthy and unhealthy. I registered my kit online, dropped it into the mail and my results came in about 6 weeks. Last but not least, you have to eat KFC (not Kentucky Fried Chicken, Korean Fried Chicken!) Tteokkkochi is made with cylinder shaped Korean rice cakes (the same kind used in tteokbokki) and it’s deep fried (or lightly pan fried) then coated with addictive, sweet, tangy and spicy sauce on both sides of the rice cakes. Tteokbokki are cylinder shaped Korean rice cakes cooked in spicy (& maybe sweet) Korean sauce. So you know that they are a steady seller! I was also able to see wellness reports like Sleep Movement, Muscle Composition, Caffeine Consumption, saturated fat and weight, trait reports about sense of taste and smell, and additional ancestry report on Neanderthal ancestry. So I’m from Taiwan, I’m Taiwanese, and I’m fluent in English, Mandarin, and Taiwanese.