When making it for pizza I add a Tablespoon of Cumin, 1 Tablespoon of red wine vinegar and 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper. Find the recipe well done and made so even a starter can feel . It's easiest if you use your hands to mix. My son Loves sausage gravy and biscuits.. Looking forward to trying your recipe, havent been able to find one i like. This recipe is ideal for persons who love sausage but have fat and salt restricted diets. We’re able to more fully utilize the meat that way and they provide us the standard roasts, steaks, chops and either regular or chili-ground meat too. Form the mixture into 16 balls and then flatten into 3-inch patties. Are you not seeing that? I am not sure to what studies you are referring, but there are hundreds of legitimate studies publushed in professional peer reviewed journals that purport the ills of MSG! Hi Donna, I don't grind my own meat so I won't be much help. Form into 1-inch rounds. Just curious. I make my own sausage and have for too many years to mention. Can't wait to taste it. Occasionally we have need for breakfast sausage. Or to freeze, arrange the patties in a single layer on a parchment paper or wax paper-lined baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then transfer to a freezer-thickness plastic baggie and freeze for up to 3 months. Why is it so expensive? I typically mix these up and make about 6 large ‘breakfast muffins’ at a time, because that’s what fits in my *Silicone Jumbo-Size Muffin Cups. Scoop out each "triangle" and divide it into two equal patties. Refrigerate and use within 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. I chopped it with a knife and used my mini Cuisenart food processor that came with my stick blender. Recipe: Honeysuckle Jelly – Childhood Memories In A Jar, Planned Leftovers: Carnitas Tacos from Pork Roast, How To Make An Easy Laundry Scent Booster. It is being added to the list of allergens. These breakfast sausage patties can be made ahead and frozen. It tells u it taste better then it does. Allow flavors to develop overnight in the refrigerator. Thank you!). The carbs, all the carbs...breads, biscuits, rolls, oatmeal, muffins. It can be made ahead and reheated on busy weekday mornings, or enjoyed fresh and at your leisure on weekends, holidays, and special occasions. Thanks, that was what I was thinking although I might just mix the spice ingredients to keep on hand, then make it when desired with fresh pork. You can form it into patties or use it for recipes like biscuits and gravy. I will never buy prepackaged sausage again. Thanks for the recipe :)! CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: This is by volume so when you compare 1 pound of meat to the amount of spice it will most certainly be less than 2% of the completed recipe. Hi Edward, The nutrition information is based on a single sausage patty (if you make 8 patties total from the pound of pork). Y’all know RancherMan’s an accomplished hunter. I bought a bag of it at the Asian food market! No fancy specialty seasonings here - just a few of the basics. The ingredients are simple: just ground pork and some seasonings that you most likely already have in your pantry. Sign up to have my recipes emailed to you. And some of us have wound up in the ER unable to breathe because of it. Transfer the patties to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Regarding their ingredients you listed: The Lazy Cook’s Wild Plum Jelly Recipe – No Pectin Needed! This way, I know they're safe to eat without overcooking them, which can cause them to dry out. Fantastic, Krissy! And tucking the smaller sized ones between fluffy layers of Buttermilk Biscuits would be delicious too. Luckily for me so do my kids and husband, or I'd be eating one heck of a lot of eggs and sausage all by myself. I've never heard of the brown sugar in sausage, but I can't wait to try it now. There is just something about breakfast food! That way you’d have them available for a convenient hot breakfast for the kids before they head out the door to school. But as I mentioned – it’s just seasoned ground pork! Pork is the main protein we enjoy here on the Homestead, whether roasts, chops or grilled steaks. It infused sage flavour to the breast, basted it, and was the treat that everybody competed for over and above the stuffing. I'm sure you'll agree homemade is so much better! Not sure it would taste as good to freeze cooked sausage, but I'm sure it would work. Now I have the right recipe. All spices together equal 0.03%of total by weight. So many kinds of store bought breakfast sausage … It’s an easy way to support this blog without anything coming out of your pocket. MSG is used to excite ur brain. I've tried to wear the grinder out and just keeps on grinding. Thanks for sharing! So I got to looking for various seasoning blends online. That method works well. So if, like us, you’re looking to season regular ground pork into breakfast sausage, here’s the simple seasonings I used for a lb of ground pork: Mix all ingredients into a pound of ground pork.