Consider the worms extra protein. This variety’s full, fruity bouquet is only released after buds are harvested, dried and broken up. It was created from Wedding Cheesecake, combined with Strawberry Kush, OG Kush and the pure sativa cultivar Durban. Learn how your comment data is processed. So without fail, these guavas did have worms in them so I had to cut them into quarters and remove the ones that I could find. The height of Guava Jelly can be controlled indoors by flowering the plants when they’re small. From what I remember we would just bite and spit out the piece with the worm and continue to eat the rest. During flowering they also expand to cover the internodal gaps, filling Guava Jelly’s stem and branches by harvest time. Their long pistils start out more yellow than white, then change to deep pink as the buds ripen. Alternatively, you can pulse them in a blender and strain them through a mesh sieve with a rubber spatula. This strain blends the flavour and resin production of the Skunk and Kush families with the bud structure of Californian and African sativas. A deep inhalation will also reveal berry notes from Strawberry Kush, aniseed and citrus from Durban, and a sweet, skunky undercurrent from Wedding Cheesecake.White Label Guava Jelly imparts a powerful high from both its indica and sativa background. Transfer the guavas in batches to the pestler or chinois positioned over a bowl and work them through until you've got seeds and fairly dry pulp left. By selecting this option, you give the assignment to Slooten Shipping to send the package to you via PostNL. Due to their thick covering of resin glands, even single strands of calyxes become brittle, sticky shards of bud when dried. This particular phenotype is known for a distinct and unique smell/flavor combo that sets it apart from the rest. I’m pretty sure a few slipped through the cracks but you know what they say… what doh kill does fatten, what doh fatten does purge. We will send you an email with instructions on how to create a new password. We’re celebrating 35 years since Sensi Seeds was founded. It was created from Wedding Cheesecake, combined with Strawberry Kush, OG Kush and the pure sativa cultivar Durban. Guava Kush, a rather obscure newcomer, competed in the 2014 Los Angeles Cannabis Cup. The height of Guava Jelly can be easily controlled indoors by flowering plants quite small. Guava Jelly buds are a sweet-smelling treat even before they’re consumed. As this strain generally triples its height in the flowering stage, clones can be put into flower at 20 cm to 30 cm, to achieve a final height that’s under 100 cm. Add sugar to guava, cover and leave to stand overnight Add mixture to a pot and cook on medium/ low heat for 15 to 20 minutes Skim off the foam that forms on top the mixture and discard Transfer mixture to a blender then blend until smooth Calyxes are large and oval shaped. They grow well in a greenhouse, or outdoors in a Mediterranean climate, as long as they have daily access to direct sunlight. Login using your email address. It's reputed to be a sativa-dominant hybrid with a sativa/indica ratio of 35:65. Supercropping or the Screen of Green (ScrOG) method are also effective.The bud structure of Guava Jelly’s best phenotypes takes the form of fat calyxes, which explode in clusters and grow atop one another in strings. Growth pattern of Guava Jelly by White LabelWhite Label Guava Jelly feminized cannabis seeds are 50% indica, 50% sativa. I think the last time I ate a guava from a tree could be about 25 years ago so picking the fruit and eating it was a real blast from the past. It shares the same parents as other Gelato phenotypes: Thin Mint GSC and Sunset Sherbert. Their height and structure can be optimised for indoor grow-spaces by pruning plants to create multiple stems (AKA topping). The plant’s slender-bladed leaves are medium green, and the flower clusters are a lime colour due to the sparkling clear golden trichomes. Growing outdoors allows this hybrid to reach its full size, and greatly increases the yield. Guava Jelly is a 50/50 indica-sativa hybrid. Guava Jelly is a 50/50 indica-sativa hybrid. All Rights Reserved. If you found a ripe guava without at least one worm in it consider yourself lucky. Already a customer? Guava jam is number 2 on my list of favorite jams, number one being sorrel jam of course. Guava is said to grow to an average height, producing high yields of crystal-laden buds in an eight-to-ten-week flowering cycle. And anyhow you take it, we still have to cook and strain these guavas to make the jam so we good. Many connoisseurs get so absorbed in the initial happy indica ‘stone’ that they don’t realise how high they are until they try to stand up. Growing up, worms was an inextricable part of the guava eating experience. Most users report a warm, positive body feeling at first, drawn from its Kush and Skunk ancestry. © 2020 Detnator Entertainment Limited. Smell, taste and effect of Guava Jelly by White LabelGuava Jelly tends to have low growing odour. Bud density is greatest at the nodes and bracts, where Guava Jelly’s oversized calyxes almost fight for space. This strain blends the flavour and resin production of the Skunk and Kush families with the bud structure of Californian and African sativas. Don’t have an account yet?Creating an account is easy! White Label Guava Jelly feminized cannabis seeds grow into productive, uniform plants with moderate upward branching and long, solid buds. The ropes of calyxes run between the flower clusters, joining them up to form colas that have a quite open structure, without being feathery or underweight. Add sugar to guava, cover and leave to stand overnight, Add mixture to a pot and cook on medium/ low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, Skim off the foam that forms on top the mixture and discard, Transfer mixture to a blender then blend until smooth, Use a sieve and a rubber spatula to strain mixture, Repeat this step using a smaller sieve for a smoother texture (optional). Some people claim to have guava trees that bear fruit without worms… I would have to see that to believe that. For further information please contact our customer service. The breeder states that this strain can be grown indoors, outdoors, or in a greenhouse environment. This effect is enhanced by the uplifting, energetic, electric high of Guava Jelly’s sativa side. Discard the seedy pulp. Guava Jelly is a vigorous strain and can thrive in favourable outdoor conditions. The original Guava Jelly seed plants often benefit from a longer vegetation time. The strain’s tendency to produce branches that grow upwards rather than outwards makes it suitable for the Sea of Green (SOG) training method. Guava is just one of the fruits in its terpene profile. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the guavas are softened. Beyond that, details about this strain are somewhat unreliable. As this strain will generally triple its height in the flowering stage, clones can be put into flower at 20cm to 30cm in order to achieve a final height under 1m. When the mixture is thick enough for a jam-like consistency, switch off the flame and let it cool … (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. These ropes of calyxes entwine at each node, forming large knots of bud with multiple tips growing in every direction. However, it may require support from stakes or a trellis, as its slender branches may be weighed down by buds at the end of the summer. You can also read our reviews in another language: Sign up for our newsletter and stay up-to-date. Guava Gelato is a phenotype of the famous Gelato strain, which means it is one of the many individual genetic ways Gelato presents itself. Now this is my first time attempting to make guava jam so I had to do a little research on it and my approach is going to be slightly different to some of the other recipes you would find online.