One can make this with Frankfurters but it’s really not the same. 40 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Discover BBC Good Food's favourite sausage recipes, including classic bangers and mash, comforting casseroles and our best ever toad-in-the-hole. Sausage recipes. My son asked if everyone had eaten yet and could he just finish it off. Sausage is a family-friendly protein for weeknight meals. YIELD: 3 lb. Naki Kouyioumtzis / Getty Images. Ok, I like to eat I love eggs and cheese. Be the first to review this recipe. I adopted this recipe and plan to be giving it a try soon. Recipes / Pork. My family loves bell peppers! I adopted this recipe … I adopted this recipe and plan to be giving it a try soon. Making it with turkey makes it healthy and lower in fat than traditional meatloaf!Submitted by: 4GOOD4EVER, Rich, Delicious, Gourmet Style CakeSubmitted by: SANDEEJ, Italian sausage cheese and pepperoniSubmitted by: MRSMCSKINNY, This is a great comfort food that serves a lot and won't put a huge dent in your daily calories. I came up with this because I didn't want to purchase fast food. This recipe comes from James Beard's American Cookery (Little Brown & Co., 1972). Recipes; POPULAR; THANKSGIVING; Search; Saves; Sign In; Profile Add a Recipe User Settings Log Out. I did start with sausage on the first layer however, then potatoes, then the soup. Spicy German Sausage. It's great on a cold snowy day and also good to put in before you leave for work in the morning. ADD YOUR PHOTO. Gently fold in cheese cubes. Pepper. Submitted by: NEWME841, Traditional German Recipe w/ Healthy TwistSubmitted by: CARLAROSE1, Classic Cincinnatti German goodness!Submitted by: BROCKER, From Luchow's German CookbookSubmitted by: HAEJUNG, Good low calorie main dish. It sometimes refers to Italian Sausage, which is seasoned ground meat, probably a mix of pork and beef. Use one bouillon cube instead of 3. It also reheats well in the microwave.Submitted by: CJCERTS, Tastes like the soup at Carrabbas RestaurantSubmitted by: PGNAGEY, Easy one dish mealSubmitted by: SHUTTERBUTTER, Found on SparkRecipe with ground turkey but tried ground beefSubmitted by: STEPHREDNECK, Ground turkey can be used instead of ground pork to reduce the caloriesSubmitted by: LIVING4HIM2DAY, A nice spin on an italian classic.Using Chicken Sausage with Feta and Spinach brings another level of flavor to the dishSubmitted by: OPERAMOM, Ground chicken or turkey can be used instead of ground beefSubmitted by: SANDRA.SHELLY1, Tastes better than Olive Garden and waaaaaay healthier!Submitted by: JASONZ, Full ingredient & nutrition information of the, broiled zuchini and potatoes with parmesan crust, German Country-style Ribs & Sauerkraut Calories, Origional Baker's German Chocolate Cake Calories, Low-Carb Pumpkin and Sausage Soup Calories, Italian Sausage & Spaghetti Sauce Over Spaghetti Pasta, Italian Sausage & Spaghetti Sauce Over Spaghetti Pasta Calories, PrairieHarpy's Insanely Easy Stuffed Shrooms, PrairieHarpy's Insanely Easy Stuffed Shrooms Calories, Sweet and Easy Sausage Casserole Calories, Smart Patty Melt (with ground beef) Calories, Baked Egg Rolls and Dipping Sauce Calories, Chicken Sausage with peppers and onions Calories, Garlic Chicken Sausage & Spinach Quiche Calories. Submitted by: MSJOHNSON2012 Ground turkey sausage, egg and cheese breakfast wrap. Dinner is ready when you walk in the door that night! I substituted Sweet Italian SausageSubmitted by: 100MILLBUTRFLYS, Inspired by RZ #268335. I baked for 60 cov'd, sprinkled cheese on top- did not measure, popped in for another couple of minutes till it melted. Pipe into hog casing, put straight on racks, place in oven, smoke for 11 min (dry heat 105°F, smoker half full), after steam for 7 … Some recipes for this German potato salad call for sautéing the onions in the bacon fat, but we prefer them left raw. Recipe by Sgt. MAKE IT SHINE! 24 ratings 4.1 out of 5 star rating. 20 homemade recipes for ground german sausage from the biggest global cooking community! Recipes / Pork. I added a little of the cheese (didn't have cheddar so used Mexican blend) intro the soup mixture. I lightened it up a bit and made it a bit easier to accomplish and a little more flavorful.Submitted by: PRAIRIEHARPY, An easy and tasty casserole for any meal! Recipe by Sgt. The Germans have been making "wurst" for centuries and many of the world's most popular sausage making recipes today are for traditional German varieties. With ground sausage, links, and more, this collection of sausage dinner recipes has something every family will want to make. But when I talk about sausages, I mean Wurst or Würstchen or Brats – however you want to call it. It can be sliced and made into Currywurst by slathering it in a catchup-curry sauce.. Thüringer Rostbratwurst features spices like marjoram and caraway, sometimes garlic. READY IN: 30mins. German sausage recipes 119. ground german sausage Crock Pot Girl Crockpot Octoberfest Bratwurst bratwurst with beer (or your favorite flavor of bratwurst), Butter OR margarine, onions, sliced, garlic, minced, caraway seeds, beer (your favorite!) Be the first to review this recipe. NinjaMommaKitchen Bacon wrapped cheddar Brats. My family loves eating this meal any time during the day.Submitted by: WANNAB2, Simple but satisfying and easy to makeSubmitted by: BUBBLES2578, Awaken your tastebuds with this easy breakfast that can be assembled the night before.Submitted by: OLDER03, If you like you can substitue italian style turkey sausage. Top ground german sausage recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. Recipes; POPULAR; THANKSGIVING; Search; Saves; Sign In; Profile Add a Recipe User Settings Log Out. Submitted by: BUDGETMOM, This is a great meatloaf with a little spicy twist. ground turkey sausage and egg breakfast wrap. Pepper. So, in this case I mean Bratwurst – sausage that needs to be fried or grilled. I also don't like liquid eggs, but if you want to substitute feel free. Sausage Recipes (What to Do with Your Homemade Links) It’s hard to beat a roasted (at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes) or pan-fried (over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes) sausage tucked into a roll and topped with kraut and mustard, but when you’re ready to take it to the next level, here are a few ideas: Submitted by: BCARSON11, Healthier version of ground beef tacos...using half ground turkey, half ground beefSubmitted by: HAYLIEVSMOMMY, I got this recipe from Kaye Bailey's 5 Day Pouch Test.Submitted by: TEATIMELASS, This is not just a breakfast meal. See recipes for Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage too. Spicy German Sausage. Wurst is the German word for sausage, and it is often used as part of the name of the specific sausage recipe. Bratwurst and Rostbratwurst is a sausage made from finely minced pork and beef and usually grilled and served with sweet German mustard and a piece of bread or hard roll. Low calorie & low fat but still filling makes this a wonderful addition to any fitness plan.Submitted by: DMERRIMAN, Ground Pork sausage may also be used. You're currently on page 1 Page 2 Next; Sausage & butter bean stew. I adopted this recipe and plan to be giving it a try soon. Done.