which functions almost like a clamp. However, more and more people prefer a dedicated vegetarian option at the BBQ. Find out which lump charcoal is best suited for your Big Green Egg. A grill basket keeps your veggies from slipping through the cracks! Fish is notorious for falling apart on the grill as it loses moisture, but baskets reduce the chances of this. Corn, peppers, and zucchini are classics, but you don’t have to stop there. It almost acts as part bowl and part pan. Bowls on the other hand can cook food in liquid, which can enrich otherwise boring vegetables in added flavor. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Here is my personal favorite: Weber Stainless Steel Vegetable Basket from Amazon because it’s PRO Grade stainless, and I love Weber! It then has holes cast into its sides to help release any run-off that surfaces while you grill. Cages offer better direct exposure to heat, which makes them great for grilling meat. On the flip side, this is where I encountered a problem. Read my disclosure for more info. A grill basket can help you cook squash, peppers, and even fish and shrimp without sacrificing them in the fire. Here are six of the best, as well as features and bonus add-ons to look out for. The attach mechanism can be a bit stubborn and tricky to use without touching the basket. Let’s look at a few of the options available to you and rate the most popular baskets for grilling vegetables on the market today. Many people use the kitchen to cook the vegetables, the meat is the star outside. TheOnlineGrill.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means it helps to reduce to clutter while also reducing the risk of burning your hands. Grilling >> Equipment >> 6 Best Grill Baskets of 2020 [Fish, Vegetables, Cages, & More]. Additionally, TheOnlineGrill.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links. One drawback though that I found a little difficult to get my head around was that one end of the basket seems to be higher than the other. Personal preferences can vary, but there are a few criteria that should always ring true when picking a grilling cage or basket. Check it out on Amazon. It has a gripped handle at one end which allows you to flip or manoeuvre it easily. Choose this basket if you’re cooking over very hot fire. It also helps the thing we call care about most: Flavor. A grill basket ensures your veggies stay where you put them, rather than spilling onto the coals. Other also allow you to cook in marinade or liquids to further improve the flavors of your food. Here’s my recommendation on how to dehydrate these versatile little guys. 6 Best Grill Baskets of 2020 [Fish, Vegetables, Cages, & More]. Grill baskets are the go-to tool for all grilled fish and vegetable lovers. Check out my detailed post on USDA rib-eye steak. Its bowl-like shape ensures that it safely holds the smallest sliced and diced veggies, while allowing smoky flavors through and flames to sear the vegetables. While Weber did initially release this basket to be used specifically on their Q300 and Q320 grill range, the truth is that it can be used on pretty much any small grill. Professional grade 430-stainless steel for excellent durability, A detachable handle provides versatility. So pay close attention to build material, and make sure that you go for something made with durable thick metal. They keep fragile food intact and stop them falling between the gaps on your grill. Perfect for someone who struggles with piles of washing up – like me. This grill basket will stand up to continued use year after year. These stainless steel baskets hold food like any deep dish would. You can use inside of a smaller grill or smoker, There is the potential for losing your food if the handle is not attached correctly, Stainless steel sticks no matter how much cooking spray you use. Its upper cage can be adjusted to three different preset heights, so you can clamp on smaller meats or accommodated large ones as you see fit. Its stainless steel construction makes it extremely heat efficient and rust-proof, while also easy to clean. But the benefits go far beyond just simple practicality. The best grill baskets are sturdy, and can hold a decent serving size for four to six people. The good news is that you don’t need a single purpose wood-fired oven anymore. Check out The Gardener & the Grill: The Bounty of the Garden Meets the Sizzle of the Grill by Karen Adler and Judith Fertig at Amazon. Your imagination is the only limit to what you can do on a grill, but you need to have the right tools. Perhaps just a little manufacturing quirk but I can see this potentially leading to uneven cooking, which would undermine the purpose of using a basket. In about 10 minutes, your vegetables will be ready to enjoy. You just remove the top half to load the thing, and then you can tweak its adjustable grips to cater to the food you’re cooking. Prefer oven mitts designed to handle the higher temperatures of the grill to those designed for the stove. Grill baskets have become the grillmaster’s ace up the sleeve. Or if you have left over potatoes, learn how to freeze them for later. It has a gripped handle at one end which allows you to flip or manoeuvre it easily. It fits all Weber grills and won’t take up a lot of room. That’s not only annoying, it’s also dangerous to try to fish them back out. The basket then has a sliding metal loop on its opening side that you can use to fasten it shut while you cook. *Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates. This also makes it easy to clean and wipe down after every use, even if you only use soap and a bristle brush. Cage baskets can also be used over a grill, or just oven an open flame, making them extremely versatile and cost-efficient. Think of a grill basket as an extension of your own hands. Check out my recommendations here. The main advantage of using a grill basket for vegetables is that the spaces between the grate can be large enough for them to fall through. This robust workhorse is ideal for larger parties, or if you grill on a regular basis. Where igniting lump charcoal or briquettes is notoriously difficult…, Is there any BBQ utensil that’s more iconic than the grill spatula? Nearly every vegetable you can think of benefits from grilling. Not jus that, but more ambitious foods like corn on the cob or even lobster tails. The basket is comprised of stainless steel grates, which means that the basket is protected against the long term effects of rust. If you’ve ever had the problem of grilled chicken sticking to your grill, then you’ll know what a pain in the you-know-what it can be to get around. You can throw in a range of different ingredients, just as long as they all fit! I probably don’t have to tell how amazing this way of cooking will make your taste. I really like its detachable handle, which you can clamp on and off as you need. These tend to be able to hold more food at once, but don’t allow the same exposure to heat that cages do. Grilling pans are a great addition to your barbecue tools. Instead, this is more like a rectangular bowl that you can pile food into. By allowing you to cook side dishes in bulk, these practical BBQ accessories help give you one less thing to worry about while you slave over the grill. Did you know that you can cook pizza on the grill? Here’s everything you need to know to help you pick the right one.