I actually made a strawberry cheesecake for Valentines Day and totally forgot to write down the recipe…oops. Next you want to start off by getting your pan ready. White Chocolate Cheesecake with Caramel and Macadamia Nuts. This year I made a fancy Christmas dinner for my boyfriend and he LOVES cheesecake so I wanted to serve it for dessert. I have so many hobbies I can't just chose one! is it white sugar or brown sugar with the graham cracker crumbs. Add the melted butter and mix until the crumbs become coated. 1 cup sour cream. 1 cup sugar. The Best New York Style Cheesecake with... "A jack of all trades master of none" - this is pretty much how I would describe myself. Slice the cheesecake, add raspberries, sauce, and rosemary sprigs for garnish. You can buy seedlees raspberry and or strawberry preserves and heat it , use with fresh berries snd fresh whipped cream on the side! It will be about 1/4″ thick and go up the sides of the pan about two-thirds of the way. You just swap out the raspberries for strawberries! Then cut the excess foil off with scissors or fold it down (just make sure to keep the edges up as high as you can so water does not get in the pan). Pay close attention to the cooling instructions. oh. For the raspberry sauce: add the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice to a 1-2 quart saucepan. I am obsessed with cheesecakes and yours looks fantastic! Turn off oven and let the cheesecake sit inside the oven for 1 hour. Press evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Take a picture of yourself making or enjoying one of our recipes with someone you love. Thanks for the first time tips! We have even more amazing recipes for you to try. I was nervous about trying a homemade version, but this was so easy and turned out so well! Please enter an Access Token on the Instagram Feed plugin Settings page, Copyright © 2020 Favorite Family Recipes  •  All Rights Reserved  •  Privacy Policy  •  Terms and Disclosure  •  Site Design by Emily White Designs. Combine the cornstarch and water with a whisk, when no lumps remain, add to saucepan.Bring the raspberry sauce to a boil, then let simmer for 5 minutes… I love cheesecake and definitely agree that a water bath is the way to go! In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon. For the cheesecake: 4 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened. Vinegar Marinated Cucumbers (Cucumber Salad). Remove springform pan and transfer onto a serving plate. It makes for a delicious thick and creamy textured cheesecake! This allows it to cook more evenly and helps the top to not crack. Although I have yet to make it I can just tell it’s going to be a hit. Fresh raspberries and rosemary sprigs for garnish. Place the springform pan into the center of a roasting pan and carefully pour the boiling water around the springform pan making sure you don't get any water into the cheesecake mixture. Also, don’t forget to put a pan full of water on the rack below the cheese cake. Once cheesecake is done baking carefully remove from oven and let it rest on a wire rack for an hour to cool. Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account. Return to refrigerator for another hour before serving. Once combined pour into your prepared springform pan and use the bottom of a measuring cup or flat glass to even out the crust. Hi, can I add the topping to the cheesecake and freeze it, or will it affect how it turns out? In a large mixing bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Add the egg yolk and beat for about 30 seconds then add each egg one at a time beating for about 30 seconds between addition. This is so rich and creamy and the raspberry sauce is sweet and tart. In a separate large bowl, cream sugar and cream cheese until very smooth Thank you for the recipe! The raspberry sauce is great when you leave the seeds in too! BOTH are delish! Thank you for asking! This is probably the best graham cracker crust I have ever had. Add on top of cheesecake slices and serve. Pour into prepared springform pan and smooth out with the bottom of a glass or measuring cup (start in the middle and gently work your way out to the sides so the crust is about 1/4" thick and goes about two-thirds of the way up the sides of the pan) Put crust in the freezer until ready to use, In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese on medium speed for about a minute. Add two layers of foil for extra protection. First, make sure all the ingredients are softened/at room temperature before you use them, even the eggs! ), After cheesecake has set, Mix together sour cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. (Can be served warm or chilled). It is white sugar in the graham cracker crust recipe. If you want to remove the seeds, place the fresh or frozen raspberries in a fine-mesh sieve. Add the egg yolk and beat for about 30 seconds then add each egg one at a time beating for about 30 seconds between addition. As you can see this requires a water bath BUT before you click off this page to find a new recipe without a water bath, I just want to let you know the water bath is totally worth it! You can use either fresh or frozen berries for this recipe. In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, and cornstarch. You can freeze the cheesecake and defrost when ready to eat but the topping is best if made fresh! It’s a perfect flavor accompaniment. Pour melted butter over the dry mixture and stir until coated. Place a pan of water on the oven rack below the one where the cheesecake will bake. With your hands, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan and about 1-inch up the sides. We can’t wait to see what you’re cooking and share it on our website! Take the crust out of the freezer and pour the filling into the springform pan smoothing the top out with a spatula. The key is for the cheesecake to never change temperatures too quickly when cooking and cooling. Then add the sugar and vanilla and beat again for another minute. Preheat oven to 325 degrees, placing the rack in the lower 1/3 portion of the oven. Place in oven and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 50 minutes. Place the springform pan into the center of a. Preheat oven to 350. If you’re a fan of this type of dessert, never fear. Your pictures are wonderful too! Wait for it to cool down a bit and add on top of cheesecake slices and serve. This looks delicious! In a small saucepan, combine water, sugar, and cornstarch. Add the sour cream and heavy whipping cream and beat about a minute or two until the mixture is nice and creamy and free of clumps. Bake for 8 minutes. To make the crust, combine the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter until moistened. I make it with strawberry too!! Once mixed spread over cheesecake using a spatula. Then add the sugar and vanilla and beat again for another minute. Add raspberries and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then turn down heat a little bit and boil for a minute or two until raspberries … And it is such an easy addition that makes all the difference. Get a 9 inch springform pan, 18" extra wide aluminum foil, a large pot, and a roasting pan if you have one, I just got the biggest foil roasting pan I could find from the dollar tree. Pour melted butter over the dry mixture and stir until coated. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cheesecake-with-berry-sauce Easy family recipes for dinner, dessert, and more! Here is a picture of the full cheesecake (I used a little powdered sugar to make it look like snow for Christmas)! This makes the mixing process so much quicker and it makes the cheesecake smoother. Rip off a large piece of extra wide foil and wrap your 9″ springform pan in the foil, do this step twice for extra protection (so water does not get into the cheesecake.)