I have never tried it with frozen veggies but I really want to. to something my aunt used to make for parties! I get requests to make it for every cookout! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I substituted Zevia for the sugar to make it low carb. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Gluten-free, and paleo friendly. My next testing day is January 25th so I’ll put this on the list. While the bacon is cooking, slice off all the broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces. Get exclusive content and Information straight to your inbox. Add the dressing to the mixing bowl and stir until everything is well combined. Broccoli salad is the ultimate, easy summer side dish at cookouts, BBQs, and more. And you can throw it all together at the last minute. Hi Gloria, yes of course! Easter dinners at 3, LOL! In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, onion, cheese, and bacon. You can keep adding more broccoli raisins and bacon after it gets thinned out and it tastes even better after sitting for a day in the frig. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Sorry I don’t ave a chance to find out sooner and let you know. Cook the bacon too crisp. Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe (Copycat). The sauce in this salad is amazing! This salad sounds amazing! Topped with a creamy mayonnaise sour cream dressing. Info. Step 3 Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together in a bowl; stir dressing into broccoli mixture until evenly coated. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Thanks for sharing. 2. On a small baking sheet, combine the almond, sunflower seeds, olive oil, honey, mustard, salt, paprika, garlic and onion powder. It lends the perfect salty, smoky bite to this keto broccoli salad. I love to combine my Midwestern food memories with my culinary school education to create my own delicious take on modern family fare. From broccoli salad with bacon to broccoli slaw salad, these broccoli salad recipes are sure to make any party a hit. Keto broccoli salad is the perfect summer side dish! Apple cider vinegar or lemon especially Meyer lemon instead of vinegar is excellent too. I wouldn't change a thing. And do a dressing with mayo, half & half or cream, apple cider vinegar & sugar. Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together in a bowl; stir dressing into broccoli mixture until evenly coated. Honey Mustard roasted Nuts (optional), or use plain slivered almonds, and sunflower seeds. And I appreciate your tips on avoiding a watery dressing. Tag. Weird, but delicious. I can hardly wait for lunch to make this. I always use red wine vinegar and that turns out amazing as well, Hi Joni! :). Pre-chop all of the veggies, fruit, and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Made exactly as written. Once cooled, chop and store in the refrigerator. Well, normally I either do the bacon/cheese combination OR raisins and sunflower seeds (the shelled ones). So good. Mix all the vegetables, bacon, and cheese together together in the big bowl, and drizzle about half of the salad dressing over the top. Yes you can. I'm happy to take you along on my culinary journey. For more info check our privacy policy where you will get more info on where, how and why we store your data. Dig out your biggest salad bowl! 4. (I used Honeycrisp, cut into small cubes). In a small bowl make the dressing by mixing together the mayonaise, sour cream, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. I recently had this at a cookout. You'll love the combination of crisp broccoli and cauliflower florets mixed with cranberries, pecans, red onion, and bacon in a simple homemade dressing. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. It’s healthy, delicious, and loaded with flavor. Here I'm happy to share generations of European recipes, as well as favorite dishes inspired by my travels from all over the world. To make the dressing, In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. A great summer salad and fun way to get the kids to eat broccoli! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. All content is copyright and owned by Hello Ani unless otherwise stated. Thank you so much Breeze! We have a dairy sensitive family member, so I substituted halved grapes for the cheese, and Apple cider vinegar was all we had…but wow, your recipe is yummy! Bake at 300 degree F. circa 20 minutes. You will love that this recipe is also easy to change up with what you have at hand, or add seasonal ingredients. It’s so easy to make, and is a perfect addition to picnics, barbecues, potlucks, and holiday menus. For more info check our. Broccoli Salad with bacon is perfect for anytime of the year. I will give that a try, thanks have a great weekend. set aside. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. ), Your email address will not be published. Families throughout the Heartland have been making this recipe for potlucks, cook-outs, and tailgates for decades. Every recipe is developed, tested, and approved just for you. This has become a family and extended family favorite. Sprinkle salad with sunflower seeds. Broccoli Salad with bacon and honey mustard roasted nuts. One note Per one reader, on salads getting watery after dressing them.