TBH I prefer your recipe because it keeps it more natural. I’m sorry to nitpick. This is one of my favorites too! Baked Crispy Chicken Legs – just a few simple tricks make this chicken legs crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, and ridiculously flavorful. Love this recipe! Baked Chicken Legs are always a good choice for the budget-conscious household. Rotate the chicken legs half way through to ensure all sides are cooked, Oh there are countless of ways to serve up this chicken. No oil used (just sprayed the aluminum foil with Pam). Please refer to this recipe as well >>> https://www.africanbites.com/baked-crispy-chicken-thighs/. Don't use any salt if you use regular chips. We’re all still alive. This is one of our favorite recipes. Who doesn’t love crispy and juicy chicken legs with some spicy rice? I hate to even mention it but I feel I must. In another shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and salt. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 425°F. Yes, you can still get a great texture without a rack. The seasoning in this recipe is perfect! But it smokes very bad in the oven and smoked up the whole house. I am so glad it was a hit with your family. Bake chicken legs until cooked through and skin is crispy, about 45-50 minutes-rotate chicken legs half way through-roughly 20 minutes. Your email address will not be published. rss I thought it was a bit bland even after adding cayenne pepper and using lime pepper potato chips. Thank you for this recipe! Just a note…..everyone who is handling your chicken before it gets to you, may not be the type who washes their hands after using the restroom, etc. But you can also make these just as easily, with nothing more than salt and freshly ground pepper (or turn them into baked bbq chicken legs with your favorite barbecue sauce). Baked chicken legs are always a good choice for the budget-conscious household. Thanks for stopping by! Place the chicken in a large bowl, with all the spices. https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/washing-food-does-it-promote-food-safety/washing-food, UK FOOD STANDARDS 1 cup baked potato chips, coarsely crushed. I made sure to flip them more than once, and oiled the chicken before flipping it so it wouldn’t stick to the tinfoil. It was very flavorful and not too spicy. They are crispy and full of flavor. Thanks for stopping by! This recipe gives you tender meat on the inside and salty crispy skin. The drumsticks came out absolutely perfect, soo juicy and flavorful. So easy and delicious Thanks! Ingredients for Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks & Thighs, Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks & Thighs (Legs), https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/chicken.html, Keto Almond Flour Waffles (Low Carb, Gluten Free), Low Carb Pizza Casserole – Gluten Free & Keto, Keto Friendly Yeast Bread Recipe for Bread Machine, Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe with Coconut Flour Fathead Dough, Chicken Green Bean Casserole (Gluten-Free, Keto), Keto Sweeteners & Low Carb Sugar Substitutes, How to Start a Low Carb Diet Plan Successfully, Best Keto Foods List For Burning Fat Efficiently, The Best Keto Sweeteners And Low Carb Sugar Substitutes, Sausage Egg And Cheese Casserole Without Bread, Keto Oreo Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Recipe. These breaded and baked chicken drumsticks are a family favorite at my house. Just a quick note to say you shouldn’t be washing your chicken. I also added Mrs. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment and set a wire baking rack inside the pan. Thanks much for posting the recipes. It’s hot out but we love this recipe and want to make it but not heat up the house… Wash chicken legs and place them on a cookie sheet in a single layer, then let them sit in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours or preferable overnight. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Home > Recipes > Main Dishes > Chicken > Crispy Baked Chicken Legs. Forget cooking times and rely on your temp gage for perfect results. . It didn’t crisp up as I had hoped but I’m sure that has a lot to do with not using the rack but again the flavor is amazing. Info. To wash or not to wash – really now who gives a cluck? If you want juicy chicken remove at 165 degrees internal. Seal the bag and gently shake it so that the flour mixture coats both drumsticks. I’ve made this chicken more than once, and I highly recommend. MaryAnn How long did you bake them from frozen? I like the heat the cayenne adds. facebook Cut away any large chunks of fat if desired (I usually don’t bother). The chicken is wonderfully seasoned and crispy, while the slow rendering of the fat in the skin helps produce a crispy skin that has plenty of crackly bits. Flip the chicken in the middle of the cooking. I might try adding seasoning to the flour next time. This recipe is fast and super simple and one definitely worth making. I have made this numerous times for my adult children and we all love it! Hands down the best leg recipe ever! How to make Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Legs in three easy steps: Coat chicken in flour/baking powder/seasonings. Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Legs (Extra Crispy Skin), baked chicken drumstick, baked chicken legs, ​Latest cookware and kitchen gadget reviews. It’s quick, easy, paleo, gluten-free and … Have you ever done them on the bbq? Blend egg product and water in small shallow dish. Just one question, what kind of side dish would compliment this chicken flavour? How to make Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks. I have made this recipe almost twice a week since I discovered it over 2 months ago! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Yes I have and it works out just fine. Everyone enjoys it and almost all request the recipe. One at a time, dip drumsticks in egg mixture; coat evenly with potato chips and place on baking sheet. Just remember, the higher the temperature, the crispier the chicken gets. Others have also used avocado oil or peanut oil or any oil with high smoking point. You hear me! You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails you receive. According to the USDA, the safe internal temperature of a cooked chicken should be at 165 °F (74°C). Ideal for kids. Use the regular setting in your oven for this at 180ºC (350ºF).