Great customer service,…” more, “I stopped in today for a Christmas gift. Using the example above, your 1921 Walking Liberty Half Dollar may be worth $6 to a Melt Value buyer, but, much, much more to a private coin buyer, coin dealer, or coin shop. Such unique and beautiful jewelry, home decor, and the best chocolate around......also some great gift ideas too. P.S. They may see from your list of coins that they don’t carry much value or they may be coins that they don’t typically collect or deal with. Collectors focus on rarity and condition primarily. When it comes to selling coins, there are a lot of factors to take into account. Several places … Oddly enough, I ended up being helped by an associate I knew from her previous job at another jeweler. Collectors use a Grading Scale that ranges from “01” to “70” with every United States coin falling somewhere in this scale. We highly recommend not selling coins or coin collections to Pawn Shops or those that advertise “We Buy Gold” such as a local jewelry store. Here are some quick links within the database to speed up this process for you: It is easiest to document your collection on a spreadsheet such as one you can create in Excel. He is truly the most honest coin dealer I've ever known. Above on Google Maps you will find all the places for request "Coin Shops Near Me Open Today". With decades of experience, the creators of Sell Coins Near Me understand that selling single coins or coin collections can be a daunting task. It was as though…” more. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Coin Dealers & Supplies in Santa Fe, NM. We had no idea what to expect as this was the first time we had…” more, “We had some old coins we brought in to sell. For your request "Coin Shops Near Me Open Today" we found several interesting places. Find the best Coin Dealers near you on Yelp - see all Coin Dealers open now. Although they are a great resource to give you an idea of value, the price guides from NGC, PCGS, and the very well-known Red Book are not used by most private coin collectors, coin dealers, and coin shops when they make an offer. We invite you to check the site and try it for your own. Prior to 1965, the majority of United States coins contained either gold or silver. Unless you are a long time collector, most likely your estimated values for the coins are not correct – so just leave them off and keep them as a personal reference as you negotiate a price to sell coins. As you will see, within each denomination the type of coin is listed in chronological order. We picked up some other cool places near you. Once you have your collection fairly well documented and an idea of a potential value for your coins, you can reach out to the private collectors, coin dealers, and coin shops in your area. Any selling premium on top of the melt value comes from the Numismatic Value. The melt value is tied directly to the current Silver Spot Price or Gold Spot Price. We guarantee a new plan every time. “While my mother was in town this weekend she wanted my help selling some 14k and 22k broken gold jewelry. Here is a link to a commonly used resource PCGS Photograde which is a lot of fun to use. The difference is the Numismatic Value:  a 1964 Kennedy Half Dollar is widely available in any condition and as a result is typically worth just the value of the silver (there are some exceptions to this); whereas a 1921 Walking Liberty Half Dollar could fetch thousands of dollars depending on where it was minted and its condition. If so, you have come to the right place! Here are links to two useful coin melt value charts from NGC: Silver Coin Melt Values & Gold Coin Melt Values. Let me start with a disclaimer: 99% of the time you will not receive the value listed in any of the guides that you use for pricing purposes when you sell coins. Lower grades equal poorer conditions and conversely higher grades mean better condition. This was our first visit to a coin dealer and it was an exceptional experience. Sell Coins Near Me Offers Coin Overviews, Steps to Sell Coins, Price Guides, and the … Most United States coins have the denomination listed on the coin – i.e. I trust him with any purchasing or selling transaction. His experience and knowledge have proven…” more, “My husband and I meet with Gary this afternoon at his office to discuss some gold coins that we were looking to find the value of and possibly to sell. Interestingly, each denomination has changed its appearance over time. Most coin buyers will also check recent auction history to establish a fair market value for the coins. They have some great old antiques to buy also !” more, “ pricing and get back to him. If you thought a coin was worth $100 but you were only offered $10 don’t hesitate to ask the collector or dealer where the discrepancy is. I found my yellow wall mount push button…” more, “OK, I've been annoyed by those radio commercials for years, just like you have. For instance, let’s say that you have a common date $20 St. Gaudens in poor condition.