Serve with sweet potato fries. © 2020 Discovery or its subsidiaries and affiliates. (Adapted from “Quinoa Revolution” by Patricia Green and Carolyn Hemming; Pintail Books, 2012.) View recipe, Slow-cooked onions add moisture and flavor to these lean beef burgers. If a Reuben sandwich met a hot dog, you’d end up with this flavorful variation. Adding avocado, red cabbage, and green onion slices adds the crunchiness, creaminess, and zing you didn’t know your frank was missing. View recipe, We've taken a simple burger recipe and made it pop with an easy three-ingredient jalapeño cheese topping. This is the kind of hot dog that a tech giant might crave, right after cashing in on the IPO: a luxury combo of Kobe beef dogs, creamy cheese, and buttery brioche buns. Savory chickpea and zucchini patties are topped with a creamy, herb-flecked tahini ranch sauce, juicy tomato slices and peppery arugula for a satisfying and healthy homemade veggie burger. I found the recipe in a church cookbook that I received for a wedding present. Serve with your favorite burger garnishes. The theme for this competition is everyone's favorite all-American bun-buster, the hot dog! Upgrade your dog to a hearty main meal by wrapping turkey dogs in refrigerated breadstick dough, then basting with a lightly beaten egg, to give the bread a golden color and flaky texture. View recipe, These healthy salmon burgers call for canned salmon, which makes them an economical and easy dinner. My kids really enjoyed it! Simmer catsup, water. Then add tomato sauce, water, pepper, chili powder, ... With hands, mix all ingredients together. This was lunch today. Wrap each sandwich in aluminum foil. Let mixture ... store tightly closed jar in refrigerator. I left out the onion (I was short on time and didn't want to chop) but added everything else...this is a great different way to make hotdogs! Adding avocado, red cabbage, and green onion slices adds the crunchiness, creaminess, and zing you didn’t know your frank was missing. Toss cabbage, cucumber, and grated carrot in a sweet-hot vinaigrette then top turkey hot dogs with the veggie mixutre, a spicy Asian aioli, and chopped peanuts for a Thai-twist on this American favorite. Annabelle Breakey; Food Styling: Robyn Valarik, Credit: Simmer uncovered 20 minutes. I like a traditional hot dog better. Also made these as chili cheese dogs with turkey hotdogs and they were delish! Turn the average frank into a feast by loading up on fresh condiments like this 4-ingredient crunchy slaw and bean topper. View recipe, Grill up your veggie haul from the farmers' market and pile them on as toppings in this healthy burger recipe. View recipe, Skip the traditional ketchup and mustard toppings for your hot dog and try this fresh-tasting salsa topping instead. View recipe, Even meat-lovers will crave this vegetarian burger: toasted pecans, mushrooms, Cheddar cheese, fresh herbs and red quinoa pack this recipe full of delicious flavor. They are a big hit when I put them on homemade yeast buns! Cook hamburg and drain. Ingredients: 7  (beef .. ketchup .. mustard .. sauce ...), Ingredients: 16  (allspice .. cabbage .. flakes .. garlic .. salt ...), Ingredients: 9  (buns .. garlic .. like .. mustard .. onion ...), Ingredients: 11  (breast .. cheese .. chips .. egg .. milk .. pieces ...), Ingredients: 10  (dogs .. fries .. garnish. Had to try it and I love it! Bake in the preheated oven until hot, about 20 minutes. Loved loved loved it! When brown, add spices and 2 quarts water. Lisa Romerein; Styling: Valerie Aikman-Smith, Credit: Tru Studio, Credit: I also think that this would be great to use up leftover hot dogs. If you enjoy them, you can make additional batches by following Steps 1 and 2. We use crushed tortilla chips to bind the burgers together, making them a great vehicle for using up those crumbs that inevitably fall to the bottom of the bag. Turn the average frank into a feast by loading up on fresh condiments like this pineapple, red onion, bell pepper relish. Combine hot dogs and Asian flavors to create a unique cookout experience. Build a better hot dog with this dressed up dog fetauring reduced fat beef hot dogs topped with black-eyed peas, fresh corn kernels, bell pepper and pickled jalapeño pepper slices. View recipe, Salsa and some pantry staples give this vegetarian bean burger recipe tons of flavor. Martha Stewart Brings Baking to Summer Camp, 2 Weird Ingredients That Will Give You the Most Tender Cake Ever, Even Meat Eaters Will Love These Bean Tacos, You Don’t Have to Wait for Summer to Eat S’mores.