Hands down, THE best recipe! I hope you’ll make these soon, and wishing you all a happy transition into fall. Hi Robyn! We respect your privacy! You could probably do 1/2-1 yellow, 1 red, and 1/2 purple and it’s plenty for dinner, especially alongside a green salad. Remove from the oven, flip the sausages, and roast for an additional 10 minutes, or until everything is cooked through and golden (about 40 minutes total for the apples and sweet potato, 20 minutes total for the sausage). Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I turned it down to 400 and cooked it for 30 minutes with foil, then another 15 without. Read the labels to be sure. I picked up some Nature’s Promise® greens and added a sliced apple, craisins, and candied walnuts for a delicious salad. I would also appreciate a comment letting me know so I can visit! We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. They’re generally quick and easy to make, versatile, well-balanced and best of all, kitchen clean-up is quick, which in my book is always a win! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Serve with the remaining fresh thyme leaves sprinkled over top. She’s a co-founder of The Real Food RDs and content creator of simple and wholesome recipes. *Look for sausage without added sugar, artificial nitrates, or nitrites. Swap Smokey Maple Roasted Chickpeas for the sausage for a vegetarian option, or make both if serving a mix of vegetarians and meat-eaters. Made as recipe was outlined but doubled the amount and used honeycrisp apples. Add the onions, apples, and chicken sausage to the pan with the sweet potatoes. I especially love the flavors of fall. Bake in the preheated oven until sweet potatoes are tender and sausage is browned, 45 to 55 minutes. Just don’t drool on your keyboard ;-). I like my yams to be soft while allowing the apple to retain a little firmness, and since the apple is softer it takes much less time to cook. Hope you have a lovely autumn as well! Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). I also vary the seasoning, using McCormick's Greek seasoning. It can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Add the dried cranberries, toss until evenly coated and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. I have also lowered the temperature to 400° and started the sweet potato and sausage, giving them a head start before adding the apple. Put the baking sheet into a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Bring to room temperature, add the sage, and shake prior to serving. Chop leftover sweet potato, apple and sausage and use as a topping for a big salad with the leftover sauce. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. More ease. It has the perfect blend of ingredients that, to me, screams fall . This post was made possible by our friends at Applegate. It might be easier to chop all the food in the morning, stick them in the fridge, and then stick it in the oven as soon as you get home. Apples were sauce and the sweet potatoes were dried out. Chicken & Apple Sausage Sweet Potato Hash is a recipe I include often in weekend meal preps. Sausage, bacon, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts…this Whole30-friendly Chicken & Apple Sausage Sweet Potato Hash has it all. And there was a whole lot of driving around from one thing to another. When you choose what foods to prep, you want to pick ones that you REALLY truly like because there’s a good chance, if you’re prepping them, that you’ll be eating them for possibly the next 3-4 days. Add baby potatoes into the mix, along with the sweet potatoes. The Applegate Mission: CHANGING THE MEAT WE EAT.® The way food is raised can change and transform lives…from the farmer who grows it to the person who eats it. This seemed like a high temperature for the type and amount of food. You could use raw pork sausage instead of chicken sausage if you want, and I’m sure it would be delicious – you’d just need to bake it longer to make sure it gets cooked through. Don’t get me wrong, we love us some good mac and cheese in our house…but it just goes to show you that “kid friendly” and “healthy and delicious” CAN in fact go together! The text of this blog or multiple photos should NOT be copied and re-posted elsewhere without permission. Way overcooked. No antibiotics ever used, no gmo ingredients and they’re committed to humanely raised practices. Thankfully we can enjoy our favorite breakfast meats, like bacon and sausage, in peace instead of in fear of what we’re putting into our body and feeding our family. I am Cheri, read more in the About Me section. You can’t get much better than that! I went with 45 to be on the safe side. I’ve just separated them out into containers, but having one full container of each makes a really big serving! Not a big fan of mustard, I omit the honey mustard as well as the pepper. Drizzle with more olive oil and season with kosher salt, pepper, season salt, cinnamon, and half of the thyme leaves. Tag @realfoodwholelife on Instagram and hashtag it #realfoodwholelife. Stir occasionally, adding additional ghee or oil as needed. It’s mid October, but last week we were still in the upper 90’s. I followed the recipe exactly as written though added a little extra honey mustard to match the large quantity. Sign up to get a free copy of my meal planning system - an 11 page printable meal planning binder, complete with a pantry inventory, shopping list, and more to help get on top of your menu each week! 2 | Swap Smokey Maple Roasted Chickpeas for the sausage for a vegetarian option, or make both if serving a mix of vegetarians and meat-eaters. Sauté for 10-12 minutes or until sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts are cooked through. Cut the cooked chicken sausage in 1/2 inch slices. Store in a tightly sealed container, refrigerated, for 3-4 days. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. I am in the middle of Whole30 and was looking for some new dinner ideas. Elle goes back to school next week, and while I’m absolutely looking forward to getting back to some kind of weekday routine, I am going to miss her so darn much. Looking for guidance with meal prepping and planning? Don’t get me wrong. Next to the pan, add the zucchini, red pepper, onions, sausage and optional thyme. Mix-And-Match these Easy Recipes for the Perfect Cozy Holiday Menu, Easy Weeknight Dinner Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners, These One Pot Slow Cooker Dinner Recipes Will Save Your Busy Weeknights, Place the sweet potato rounds and apple slices on two baking sheets lined with a. Roast for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip the apples and sweet potatoes. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. Toss until evenly coated and put back into the 400 degree oven for 10 more minutes. Kids scarfed it down. When ready to serve, roast the sausage per recipe instructions, along with the pre-roasted sweet potatoes and apples to reheat. […]. It was a little dry, so perhaps a little more mustard would help. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken sausage links on top of the vegetables. Chop leftover sweet potato, apple and sausage and use as a topping for a big salad with the leftover sauce. (function(){ var buttonClass = 'tasty-recipes-scale-button', buttonActiveClass = 'tasty-recipes-scale-button-active', buttons = document.querySelectorAll('.tasty-recipes-scale-button'); if ( ! Also, I liked the honey mustard sauce but added a bit more because it was so yummy! I got turned onto this combination by some friends of ours that brought it to a potluck when they were asked to bring a “kid friendly dish.” I love that they brought something healthy and delicious like this instead of the typical mac and cheese or chicken fingers. If you don't, I assure you that the apple will be cooked to mush when the sweet potatoes are finally ready. ★☆ */ var scalables = recipe.querySelectorAll('span'); var buttonAmount = parseFloat( button.dataset.amount ); scalables.forEach(function(scalable){ var amount = parseFloat( scalable.dataset.amount ) * buttonAmount; if ( parseFloat( amount ) !== parseInt( amount ) ) { var amountArray = frac.cont( amount, 9, true ); var newAmount = ''; if ( amountArray[1] !== 0 ) { newAmount = amountArray[1] + '/' + amountArray[2]; } if ( newAmount ) { newAmount = ' ' + newAmount; } if ( amountArray[0] ) { newAmount = amountArray[0] + newAmount; } amount = newAmount; } if ( typeof scalable.dataset.unit !== 'undefined' ) { amount += ' ' + scalable.dataset.unit; } scalable.innerText = amount; }); /* Appends " (x2)" indicator.