But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I'll try these again with chopped Granny Smith apples and apple pie spice. As instructed I filled the muffin batter almost to the top and ended up with ten nice-sized muffins. BIG hit! Just a comment for everybody on the stiffness - it is a pretty stiff batter, but one thing that might help is that I weigh my flour - 303 grams is about 2 1/4 cups for me, but your flour may be heavier/more packed! Yes No No Preference. :) Thanks! I filled each 2/3 full and topped with Jan's Crumb Topping or Streusel. I sprinkled a little sugar over each muffin before baking. This is a great basic muffin batter that can be adapted to almost anything. large egg. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back with lightly pressed, about 18 minutes. Gently stir in fruit, if desired (see Cook's Note). Only baked about 17 minutes and they were still dry. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarb, salt and nutmeg. 93,923 suggested recipes. This really is exactly what the recipe title states: a basic muffin. Something went wrong. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add blueberries, raspberries or lemon zest to make these muffins uniquely yours.  -  I followed the directions exactly then added 1 tsp cinnamon chopped apples and some raisins. Thank you for the recipe and I will definitely be trying this again. Last updated Nov 09, 2020. Also suggest using an ex. I find that 2 cups is ample and this way do not have to add more liquid. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Gently stir in fruit, if desired. You saved Basic Buttermilk Muffins to your. I am sure that this recipe calls for too much flour. In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, egg, buttermilk and vanilla. The first time I made this recipe it turned out dry. https://www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-buttermilk-muffins-6653 I bake soda bread a lot and always have buttermilk left over so this is the first muffin recipe i have tried using this ingredient. Sprayed baking Pam into the muffin pans. Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners. DH took 3 to work for AM coffee break and just called to tell me to save this recipe. In a small bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, vanilla, egg, and buttermilk. Please try again. Quickly mix the ingredients altogether, making sure not to over mix. Very, very good. I'll be using it often! Would you like any spice in the recipe? The flavor is good but as another reviewer noted the batter is VERY stiff. >>> 03/06/12 DATE NUT MUFFINS: Replaced white sugar w/brown, reduced nutmeg to 1/4 tsp. G. Recipe by: Gehma. Ham and Cheese Muffins Pork.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada). Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I bake soda bread a lot and always have buttermilk left over so this is the first muffin recipe i have tried using this ingredient. I find that 2 cups is ample and this way do not have to add more liquid. Scoop mixture into prepared cases, filling almost to the top. I'll try again but I'll adjust the flour. Grease 12 muffins cups or line with paper cases. Still very stiff and possibly now over-mixed. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Thanks for sharing this! 168 calories; protein 3.7g 7% DV; carbohydrates 27.5g 9% DV; fat 4.7g 7% DV; cholesterol 26.5mg 9% DV; sodium 338.1mg 14% DV. The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. Hope this helps. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Makes: 12 muffins 300g plain flour; 2 teaspoons baking powder; 180g caster sugar; 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar; 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract; 120ml vegetable oil; 170ml) buttermilk; 2 … In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla. Savory Muffins Buttermilk Recipes 93,923 Recipes. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until mixed (the batter will not be … A great basic muffin base that uses buttermilk and a touch of nutmeg. I will may be try a little extra vanilla next time or as the recipe suggests some fruit. Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract and hot water. I am sure that this recipe calls for too much flour. You can add 1 cup of almost any fruit, nut, or baking chips to this recipe by folding in at the end, and adding spices to match (blueberries and lemon zest, for example, or peeled chopped apples and cinnamon). Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Blueberry buttermilk muffins (2) 40 min. Hope this helps. Good recipe. Here's what I did the second time around; I let the butter soften instead of melting omitted the baking powder but did use 1 tsp baking soda used 2/3 cup of buttermilk 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour 1 tsp salt 1 tsp of nutmeg and instead of whisking I used my kitchen aid. Done! Buttermilk is traditionally a by-product of butter-making – the liquid that is left over after butter is churned from cream. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. 29 Feb 2012 So now these are my sunshine muffins!  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), I made these blueberry muffins by folding two cups of fresh blueberries into the batter when I added the dry ingredients. -  Great basic recipe. Try weighing out 303 grams and see if that helps. I’ve heard it said that coffee cake was invented just so we’d have an excuse to eat cake for breakfast. Excellent recipe! I'm making some to go in DD's freezer and using the suggested chopped apples and cinnamon. Thank you for the recipe and I will definitely be trying this again. Congrats! I creamed the butter and sugar together added the egg and vanilla extract and beat til smooth. Grease 12 muffins cups or line with paper cases. Add liquid ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients. I'll try these again with chopped Granny Smith apples and apple pie spice. Knew it would be raining by morning and wanted to start DH's day with a bit of sunshine. I will may be try a little extra vanilla next time or as the recipe suggests some fruit.