Blackberry Thumbprint Cookies. The blackberry jam can be whipped up in under ten minutes and stored in a air tight container in the fridge up to two weeks. Roll cookies in 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Return cookies to oven. I’m sure these will taste great with any flavor you’d like to try. Transfer to wire racks, and cool 30 minutes. In a large mixing bowl cream butter and add brown sugar, beat until combined. We’ve given you the timing for both options below in the instructions (in the video we make them soft) and it won’t affect the blackberry jam at all. My coworkers were glad to quickly finish off the leftovers the next day. We love seeing what you’ve made! Using your thumb, press down in middle of dough to make indentation. She has been blogging since 2010 featuring recipes and home design projects. In a bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sage, and baking powder. PLEASE try them this year on your Christmas cookie trays, you won't be disappointed! This is the cookies recipe where time matters so work quick, fill those thumbprints with jam and pop in the oven. This DIY Stuffed Felt Star ornament is a fun craft to help decorate the tree. #125: Pregnancy And Breastfeeding On A Carnivore Diet — Nicole (@hangryforbacon), chill it for at least 60 minutes in the fridge, can be whipped up in under ten minutes and stored in a air tight container in the fridge up to two weeks, can be stored in the fridge three days in advance. Posted in Cookies, Dessert | Tagged butter, Cookies, Dessert, jam, jelly, sugar | Leave a Comment. I have such a soft spot for cookies. Today, I’m partnering with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this sponsored post and delicious recipe for Thumprint Cookies. This will help the flour incorporate through the dough better and will help keep your work surface clean. Shape and bake dough as directed, without making indentations. Beat in egg yolks, lemon zest and vanilla. | 21 Keto Staples, Chicken Crust Pizza Recipe | 3 Ingredients, 10 Best Keto Chip Options – Homemade and Store Bought, The 10 Best Keto Starbucks Drinks & How to Order Them. Gradually add the flour into the mixture in 1/4 cup increments. This recipe is from the Grandma’s Kitchen Treasured Family Recipes. This isn’t the recipe to get your kids involved in hehe. Thanks for the recipe! Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. She learned a recipe from her grandmother but they took all day long so she rarely made them for us. I just wanted a smooth texture for my cookies. Pulse for 10 seconds until combined. Reduce oven temperature to 325°. These cookies are the perfect treat for tea or as a breakfast sweet. They look like an awesome weekend baking project! I love a good cookie with some jam on it, it reminds me of the cookies my mom used to make when I was a kid. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. The tart of the lemon pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the blackberry jelly. The kids love to help out by making their thumbprint in the cookie, and, since it is a simple recipe, the kids can help from start to finish. Usually I use peach or strawberry. Skip to Recipe. Freezer fudge, truffles, peanut butter cups, oatmeal cookie bites and much more! There are so many local farms around here that grow them and set up little stands by the side of the road. Process almonds in a food processor 30 seconds or until finely ground. These Blackberry Thumbprint Cookies turned out so airy! Remove from heat and add chia seeds and stevia. ( Log Out /  I love thumbprint cookies! They’re only eight years old! I’m personally a fan of soft cookies, but if you like your cookies a little browned and crispy you can go that route too! Butter, brown sugar, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla make up the wet ingredients. The perfect summertime treat, these lemon-blackberry thumbprint cookies are light and buttery and full of fresh summertime flavor. Apple & Oat Blackberry Jam Thumbprint Breakfast Cookies. Me and my 7yr old made them together and they came out great. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Mix them up and do a few batches and you’ll have some fun colors to liven up a cute plate of cookies! Press thumb into each ball, forming an indentation. Set aside. This will ensure that when you are working with it with your warm hands it won’t go too soft too quick on you! Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or use baking stones. 3/4 cup butter, softened; 1/4 cup honey; 2 egg yolks; approx. It is used by professional bakers and creates light baked goods. Add vanilla, stevia, egg and butter to the food processor and pulse until fully incorporated and dough is formed (will be very soft). How to Make Keto Friendly Bread (Very Easy), Keto Brownies Recipe | Extra Fudgy & Nut-Free (Video), Keto Shopping List Updated for 2020! © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Check out the video to see how we make them step by step! MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. I will have to try this recipe too. I did two baking sheets, one each way, and both sets of cookies turned out the same. I agree to email updates from KetoConnect. As I’ve grown older, I have learned how true this is. Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. This recipe seems easy yet delicious. ( I used a 1tsp measuring spoon and that worked well and evenly). When the cookies are baked, the jam becomes firm and chewy and the nuts turn toasty. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Yum-o! MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Spoon cooled jam into each thumbprint, filling them to the top. If you grew up eating thumbprint cookies during the holiday season like Matt then you’re in for a blackberry jam treat. Scoop cookie dough into tablespoon-sized balls and roll into smooth balls. Place on the baking sheets approximately two inches a part. Have the kids wash their hands and press their thumbs into the center of the dough, creating an indention for the jam. In a bowl attached to a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream together butter, coconut oil, sugar, zest, lemon oil, vanilla, and salt until light and creamy, scraping down bowl as needed. Let us know if you make them this holiday season and what you think of them in the comments below or tagging us on Instagram! Change ). It’s berry season, guys!