Of course, with concord grapes hard to come by in some parts of the world, substitute with your favourite berries, peaches or plums in this recipes. Remove jars and cool. Where to buy concord grapes. Place rhubarb in food processor; process until finely chopped. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. I only test and use products that I would actually use in my own kitchen. 2 cups seedless concord grapes (or other fruit) - if they have seeds, cut in half and remove them. Thanks! Combine with chilled ginger ale just before serving. In a large bowl, combine grapes, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons flour, orange zest and nutmeg; mix well. Overall great recipe and so simple! Make it at home with these easy-to-follow copycat recipes. Dip the frozen hand briefly in warm water, then peel off the glove. Preparation. Set aside. The kids loved it! With my batch of concord grapes, I kept it simple with a quick skillet cobbler. I love this punch for classroom Halloween parties served in a black cauldron with dry ice. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight. And of course: wings. My other early Fall favourite is concord grapes. The punch tasted great! Black grapes happen to be a favorite food of mine, so I combined them with rhubarb from the garden to create this sweet-tart jam. Online since 1995, CDKitchen has grown into a large collection of delicious recipes created by home cooks and professional chefs from around the world. I added vodka to this for my "adult" party and I had to keep re-filling it!! Forget the kids...this was a big hit at my office party! CDKitchen, Inc. 20:11:26:21:45:39   :C: "PLUS" means this ingredient in addition to the one on the next line, often with divided uses, 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (colored portion of peel). I'll be making this again for Halloween dinner this year!! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Whichever way you choose, be sure to have the grapes peaking through the pie. https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/spiked-triple-grape-cobbler In a large bowl, combine grapes, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons flour, orange zest and nutmeg; mix well. It had fog coming out all over the place. This way your hand is spooky colored rather than clear. After the long, sweaty Summer, the drop in temperatures is glorious. You saved Black Halloween Punch to your. The concord grapes are wonderful in this recipe as they retain their shape and transform into a stunning purple colour. I take walks outside in short sleeves just to experience the sensation of feeling chilly! Prepare the grapes by coating them with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Process grapes in batches in a food processor until pureed. Really need to get the ingredients very cold though or the fingers melt off the hand too quickly (you end up with just a chunk of ice instead of a spooky hand). I'll use this again next year. And about now, I go crazy for pumpkins! I processed the skins and pulp left over from the white grapes and added it back to the mixture. They are insanely delicious – I describe their intensely sweet flavour as so “grape-y”, it almost tastes artificial. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour into baking dish; set aside. This tastes like carbonated Kool Aid and I've never known a kid who didn't like both. Amount is based on available nutrient data. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Drain off liquid, reserving grapes in saucepan. 31 Slow Cooker Dip Recipes You Can Make in Your Crock-Pot, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca. Get our recipes and news delivered straight to your inbox. Pizza night is always a favorite, especially when you have great tasting pizza from some of the most popular restaurants. I really love the distinct seasons in New York, but most of all, I LOVE Fall. As it is with any Halloween punch, a frozen 'hand' adds just the right spooky touch! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Rinse and halve fresh, black seedless grapes. The cubes were a little easier than doing the hand and easier to transport to school or parties. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Add the skins to a medium saucepan; add the pulp to a small saucepan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Get that same hot, zippy flavor in everything from deviled eggs to enchiladas. Working quickly, top the batter with the sugared grapes. Bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden and the juices are thickened. To make a frozen hand, wash a disposable glove, fill with water, seal with a rubber band and freeze until hard. I always allow my cobblers to cool a little before eating as this allows the fruit juices to thicken underneath the batter. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. I double the recipe as everyone has come back for 2nds or even 3rds. Disclaimer: The lovely skillets in this blog post were supplied to me by Victoria Cookware but all opinions, and love for this product are entirely my own. Wipe rims. 3 cups fresh, concord grapes or black seedless grapes 1 tablespoon lemon juice 3/4 to 1 cup sugar (depending on sweetness of the grapes) 3 tablespoons small-pearl tapioca 1/8 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon milk . Place a large baking tray under the skillet to catch any batter or butter overflow.Allow the cobbler to cool, preferably for around 20-30 minutes. Using a thick cast-iron skillet (mine are by Victoria Cookware) makes the whole dish incredibly simple – just melt a stick of butter in the skillet, add a basic batter, throw in some concord grapes and bake in the oven until golden brown on top. All Rights Reserved. Transfer to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.