This is a list of important EDH ramp cards. It also works with the manifest creature you might have from the Whisperwood Elemental. But returning to its former glory as one of the best decks in MTG Standard was Sultai Ramp this weekend. Bant Ramp has always been one of the top decks, but it recently disappeared when Scapeshift became the most popular deck, and way too many decks were packing Field of the Dead to go over the top of everything else, making Mass Manipulation decks not the best go-big deck of the metagame. This can be a wrath. This will be one a lot of players pick for their card to ramp into. I like how this deck plays in that matchup and I’m conformable in saying that Bant Ramp is favorite against Vampires. © Manaleak.com is a website for Magic: The Gathering singles, boosters, products, news, articles and community, owned by Manaleak LTD. Magic The Gathering, the mana symbols, the tap symbol and all other related images are owned by Wizards of the Coast. Sometimes you can curve out so sweetly into something giant that you feel like the deck could be on autopilot, other more sad times you feel like the Magic gods have forsaken you and and you are left only ever getting the ramp part and none of the pay off. I decided to give her a try, and Vivien was phenomenal! There are quite a few to choose from. This strategy has 2 pay off cards in the format. I mean it’s cool but I’m not sure how often it wins you the game but I know there are players out there that will consider just doing it as a win regardless of the outcome of the game. What are we doing with our mid game? I don’t like Mass Manipulation anymore in Standard for multiple reasons. If you’re splashing White it’s only a short hope for a Gideon. When you spend 10 mana you want to make sure you get something out of it. Topic Archived; Page 1 of 2; Last ; You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Bant Ramp has always been one of the top decks, but it recently disappeared when Scapeshift became the most popular deck, and way too many decks were packing Field of the Dead to go over the top of everything else, making Mass Manipulation decks not the best go-big deck of the metagame. Paying the awaken cost for an extra turn and a 6/6 seems pretty cool. I must say I’m not quite as sold as some I’ve talked to but I can see why it might be appealing. Do you think Rattleclaw Mystic wants to hear about all those times you and Elvish Mystic started out on turn 1 and had won the game by turn 5? Well rejoice because now your ramp card is both. Instead think of all the good times you and your new elf squad are going to have. I’m currently 5-1 against Vampires on MTG Arena, and those matches always end up being against high ladder players, as Vampires is the best deck right now. When do we want them? I want to get my engine going with, If you don’t know the secret to building decks in Tarkir by now, it’s simple. The 2-mana spot removal is definitely nice, and so is the Wrath effect. The 5/5 body is a little underwhelming on Zendikar but the landfall trigger is significant. Most of the time your opponent won’t have the exact answer on hand and the giant Eldrazi Titan will make short work of the rest of your opponent. Its a mana rock that taps for 2 mana. 4/4s or 5/5s might be one way to go, but let’s not forget about the enchantments. It costs 4 so it’s not a Sol Ring but that is not a world we live in. I like to bring in Baffling End, as Esper Hero has Deputy of Detention, Hero of Precinct One and Tomebound Lich that are worth killing–but most importantly Hero of Precinct One, which can get out of hand very quickly. I love ramping. The deck is very well-positioned right now and I’ll tell you why. You see, that is where most ramp decks will lose: in the mid game. Spoilers | Buy MTG & Miniatures | Create a free Manaleak Blogspot. Usually wheat from chaff but in this case it is odds from evens. I must say I’m not quite as sold as some I’ve talked to but I can see why it might be appealing. At the time the deck was set up to get to the long game rather than race there. ChannelFireball - Magic: The Gathering Strategy, Singles, Cards, Decks. Buy one get one free. I was powering out Dragonlord Atarkas on turn 4 with some regularity, and on occasion bashing players to death with a couple of elves. If you power this out through Eldrazi scions and you can hit your land drop in the turn you play it, well your opponent is under quite a bit of pressure. It’s not as good as Hangarback but it fits the curve nicely and is a threat that needs an answer. The secret to our success is very simple: we make sure that you get the best value for money on all our Magic products, we make sure that you get your MTG order as quickly as possible, normally within 1 working day, and we make sure that you get the best customer service available. Basically this is another mid/late game crossover card. Putting two 1/1s into play at the start of each turn is strong. First is Veil of Summer, which is too devastating of a trade, and makes me play too scared if I don’t have Teferi out. You are trading in the ability to hit Planeswalkers but you do hit absolutely every other creature. This is what inspired me to write about ramp so I’m putting four of those in for sure, but what else is on the menu? You needed to have a plan against a huge number of Zombies, which Simic Steal just doesn’t have. As I write this article, I just clinched fourth place on the MTG Arena Ladder on stream with Bant Ramp. And what top 3 spells do you want to ramp in to the most in Standard right now and why? Do you think, I’m not going to look in depth at what mana dorks you should be playing in Standard. Don’t write off Dragonlord Atarka. The CMC on this is 6. Visit our Manaleak online store for the latest Magic: the Gathering singles, spoilers, exclusive reader offers, sales, freebies and more! Probably the most important thing of all, is that we are a community based business. Sorry you might just have to settle for a 10/10. Plus, whenever a field enters the field under your control, you gain a life. As quick as possible! It’s true. Don’t keep bringing it up, no one likes it when somebody can’t stop talking about their ex. This is hard for your opponent to deal with, even against counterspell it’s still a single 10/10. It also provides a nice way to refill later on in the game. It doesn’t shine vs Legion’s End in multiples but it’s a curve filler, which has great value in a Ramp deck. Standard Most Played Cards; MTG Standard decks Get the top current Magic the Gathering … Community Question: So what do you think of our list of top 10 spells to ramp in to above? Don’t compare your new special someone to your ex either. Well Whisperwood Element does a fine job of keeping you in the game. Collectible Card Games - Magic: The Gathering This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.