I Heart Naptime is a food and lifestyle blog sharing easy recipes and tips, to help families create unforgettable moments. Even better, the sugared fruit still bubbles up as it bakes, pooling into gloriously sticky puddles amid the pebbly crumbs. Opt for a grating of flavoursome parmesan, as used on our wintry vegetable crumbles, or try something different, such as the tangy Caerphilly cheese crumbled over this moreish leek & Caerphilly crumble tart. Combine the mixture with a spoon until it has formed crumbs. For the crumble all you do is place the butter, sifted flour, cinnamon and sugar in a processor and give it a whiz till it resembles crumbs. Sprinkling cheese into a topping also guarantees a gorgeously melty result. The same goes for toppings – this comforting butter bean & squash stew is finished with a fragrant herby crumble combining chopped rosemary, parsley, walnuts and breadcrumbs. Spices can also be sprinkled over the topping after baking. We love a foodie mashup, so combining two of the nation’s best sweet treats into a topping seemed like a no-brainer. For example, our next level apple crumble recipe suggests choosing from a selection of warming cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice. Roasting the nuts before chopping will intensify their beautiful flavour, as recommended in these rhubarb, pear & hazelnut crumbles. Sugar and spice and all things nice Crockpot grape jelly & BBQ meatballs – only 3 ingredients. Soft Apples, topped with a buttery crumble top and salted caramel sauce. Taste your fruit before adding the sugar to the crumble, as sweeter fruit like strawberries, cherries and blueberries need less sugar than tart plums and nectarines. We’ve used amaretti pieces in these super fruity berry crumble pots which make an easy yet impressive dessert. This was fantastic and so easy to make! Sometimes, simplicity is best and a basic crumble topping of sugar, flour and butter is all you need for the perfect pud. Refrigerate until ready to use. Looks delicious! I didn’t have a very good reason for ignoring this smart move for so long. A creamy pumpkin pie layer with a sweet spiced pecan crumble topping. Some ideas for varying your crumble topping recipe ~ add chopped nuts like walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds or pecans. Then evenly spread across the muffins or pie. Obviously any sort of fruit can be used here. It adds the perfect sweetness and crunch to any muffin, quick bread or pie! Cut the butter into cubes and place in a mixing bowl with the flour. Required fields are marked *. Top with a scoop of ice cream for the perfect fall dessert. To got with this tasty crumble topping, pick fruit that’s in season, try frozen fruit or use a mix of fruit for interesting flavour combos! Use to top fruit to make a fruit crumble. This one is so easy to make and awesome! The best way to achieve this is to use cold cubed butter. Crumble recipe collectionCrumble recipes for every seasonHow to make the perfect crumble, What’s your dream crumble topping? Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of I Heart Naptime. Choosing the perfect crumble to go with your fruit is an art form in itself. A perfect crumb topping that can be added to the top of your choice of dessert just before baking. That’s when the topping is at its crispiest — which is, after all, the point. I recently just made my pumpkin crumb … This easy crumble topping is the perfect way to add some extra pizazz to your baked goods. Whatever fruit you use, though, the great thing about the topping is that it bakes to a lovely short, crumbly crispness, which, combined with the toasted almonds, makes it the best ever. This post may contain affiliate links. Then use a spoon to combine the mixture until crumbs start to form (do not mix until smooth). Prep Time 5 minutes. The options are endless! The base recipe starts with 3 simple ingredients (amounts included in printable recipe below). I learned the secret to making the best, crunchiest fruit crumble over two decades ago. use different spices, cardamom and cinnamon is a basic blend, but you could use pumpkin spice mix, allspice, ginger, or vanilla bean (we’re planning a gingerbread-spiced version for fall fruits!)