Oats and al, Simply taste! . We will transfer this mixture into an 8×8 or a similar size baking dish and bake it for 40 to 45 minutes until the oats are golden. Lover of animals, veggies + space documentaries. Can I replace the rolled oats with quick cooking steel cut oats? My name is Ashley, and I’m the writer and photographer behind Blissful Basil. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. To make it, you’ll add the following to a large mixing bowl: Rolled oats Ground cinnamon Ground nutmeg Chiquita banana (mashed) Almond milk Maple syrup Chopped dates Raisins or dried cranberries Pecans Sesame seeds. If you happen to have ripe bananas that you can’t use, cut them in slices and freeze them for later use. This Chiquita vegan baked oatmeal recipe is plant-based, packed with whole grains and fiber, and is delicious! :). Add the milk, flax seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, baking powder, coconut oil, and salt to a large bowl and mix well. Great recipe, I can’t wait to try it! Oats and chocolate. Then, you will need to add the oats, dates, and walnuts into the bowl and mix it again. Having oatmeal or a green smoothie for breakfast is the perfect way to start your day because it’s healthy and gives so much energy! It was fantastic! It requires less than 10 minutes of active kitchen time and can be made in advance to enjoy throughout the week! Your email address will not be published. As a mom, I know that it isn’t always easy to get the kids to eat healthy food. Filed Under: Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Recipes, Vegan Tagged With: Banana, Breakfast, breast cancer awareness, chiquita, dates, meal prepping, oatmeal, pink, raisins, Vegan, I just made the upside down oatmeal bake from your cookbook yesterday but used apples instead of bananas. :). Baked oats are a perfect sweet and nutty start into your morning. Baked oats are the perfect dish for the little ones that don’t care much about stove-top oats. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the oats are golden. This recipe will lead to a cake-like result that has the healthy sweetness from bananas, raisins, and a small amount of maple syrup. :), Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Ripe bananas can replace sugar in many recipes. Preheat the oven to 350F. My gut reaction is that I wouldn’t recommend that swap, but I can’t say for certain since I haven’t tested it myself. Then, turn the mixture out into a lined or greased seven-inch round baking tin, and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and set. It’s also Sloane-approved (as are the bananas—one of her favorite foods). To make this baked oatmeal recipe nut-free, you can use pumpkin seeds instead of walnuts. What I find awesome is that this recipe contains banana that improves digestion and because of potassium it lowers blood pressure and thus prevents diseases of the heart and kidneys.On the other hand, sesame seeds prevent cancer, diabetes and because of vitamin E and zinc regenerate skin and hair. This is the first time I make baked oatmeal and it’s amazing! So satisfying and hearty. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. The firm consistency also makes them an ideal snack for the office or school breaks. pre-heat oven to 392°F / 200°C and line a 7" baking pan with parchment paper. Tasted like eating a warm slice of apple pie. I used apples because they’re in season and bananas because they’re one of my favorite fruits. Allow the baked oatmeal to cool and then slice it up and serve as desired. Then, add the oats, dates, and walnuts into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix it again. Chopped walnuts give the nice crunch and pumpkin spice adds the autumn flavors that will make you want to have a chai latte or a hot chocolate with it. We really enjoyed it for a quick & healthy breakfast! They are delicious, healthy, and will keep you satisfied for hours. The raisins can be replaced with blueberries, cranberries, or any berries of your choice. Enjoy and this month, be sure to keep a look out for Chiquita bananas with pink stickers at your local store. If you’re meal-prepping this recipe, I recommend individually wrapping each slice so that you can easily grab-n-go throughout the week. These cookies do not store any personal information. Grease a 7-inch round baking tin. Make sure to use ripe bananas. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. It looks amazing and would really like to try this healthy food. What is your favori, Dinner inspiration: homemade beefless patties with, Lunch snack inspiration with sausage slices and ka, I am taking orders for #thanksgivingdinner #bread, One variation of our vegan cookie box. Read More…. It’s also surprisingly satisfying. Always wonderful when a recipe is just as tasty as it is nourishing. Top them with fresh fruits and sprinkle with melted chocolate, any bet the little ones will ask for more! Healthy Whole Foods, Plant-Based Vegan Recipes and Wellness Tips. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. A teaspoon toasted sesame oil enhances the nutty flavor, if you don’t have it on hand, use coconut oil or a neutral oil. With just Elmhurst’s Unsweetened Milked Almonds™, frozen or fresh berries and a few other ingredients, you’ll discover a new baked oatmeal favorite in no time. The pink stickers are intended to encourage action from millions of consumers in the fight against breast cancer and serve as a simple reminder about the importance of eating healthy, donating, signing up for a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer® walk, and getting recommended screenings. Thanks for your insights! Sign up and receive the latest tips via email. Psychologist turned plant-passionate recipe writer + cookbook author. I recommend hemp hearts, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds as a nutrient dense topping. . That’s a favorite of mine, too. I was worried this might be too healthy to taste good. This vegan baked oatmeal is incredibly simple and can be made in advance, portioned out, and enjoyed throughout the week. Now, you can add the blueberries and gently mixed them into the batter. This vegan baked oatmeal recipe is loaded with wholesome and plant-based ingredients like oats, nuts, dates, blueberries, and also maple syrup. I used walnuts, but pecans or almonds taste great in it as well. Just a wee little wedge packs loads of fiber, potassium, and micronutrients to both fill and fuel. Natural, pure an, "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like w, Repost @jacked.animals2.0 #speciesism #, My family likes to sleep in on weekends while I am, This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. And don’t skip the thickening step. Oats have way more to offer than their deliciousness. mix in the raisins, transfer to baking pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Hope you enjoy the recipe. Cozy! This is delicious! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and rating. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. To make it a real super food I topped it with hemp hearts, pine nuts and melted dark chocolate (optional). How to make vegan baked oatmeal. The ACS recommends a diet that emphasizes fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies.