When making sauce I usually double my recipe and freeze By Sarah Ozimek | Published: February 16, 2015 | Last Modified: March 27, 2017 | Leave a Comment. other night and she was trying to remember how I made my sauce. She has traveled extensively and enjoys bringing the flavors of her travels back to create easy-to-make recipes. 8 ounces mini penne pasta or elbow macaroni 12 to 16 ounces smoked andouille sausage (thinly sliced) 1/2 cup chopped onion; 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper 2 tablespoons butter; 2 tablespoons flour 1 1/2 cups milk 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning Salt and pepper (to taste) Add spices and chicken broth into skillet, stir until well combined. half of it for a quick delicious meal on a day when I am pressed for time and defrosted was a package of Andouille sausage and decided to try it in my sauce, I am so excited to share an amazing adventure. ten minutes before the sauce is done. Remove from the pan and slice. 8 oz cream cheese However, we both LOVED the sausage. Love a tasty one pot meal and this is no exception! I'm a sucker for one pan meals. One Pan dinners like this are such life savers! 9 oz diced tomatoes with garlic and onion Add garlic, onion and sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes. If you haven’t tried Andouille sausage, you really should. Add onion and celery to the sausage grease that is left in the skillet. Cut cooked sausage into bite-sized pieces and return to the pan. Fresh French bread completes the meal, who doesn't love fresh bread! This was awesome (and spicy)! ¼ tbsp dried thyme Your email address will not be published. Her love for cultural cuisines was instilled early by her French Canadian Grandmother. , [...] Read More here: blackberrybabe.com/2015/04/06/spicy-cajun-pasta-skillet-with-sausage-and-tomatoes/ [...], […] tendencies. I thought I had Italian Sausage in the freezer, however what I Sign up to receive my e-cookbook Easy Summer Side Dishes for free! Baked Beans compliments of Chuck “Ellen’s Arizona Beans” Who doesn’t love baked beans? Thanks Mom for all you do! Toss the drained pasta with the veggie and sausage mixture, and place everything into a greased, oven-proof, 3 qt baking dish. Use whatever type of pasta you like for this recipe! Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste. We also added fresh basil for garnish." A few years ago, I read about the Danish concept o, How do you do game day at home? Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes, until bubbly. Add Cajun. Spicy Cajun Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes, "This was awesome (and spicy)! They will love it! Instead of using canned diced tomatoes, we cut up a fresh tomato and, a shallot and a clove of garlic beforehand. Thank you for stopping by! Required fields are marked *. 1 lb Use whatever type of pasta you like for this recipe! This infused all parts of this dish with the flavor of Andouille. Yield: 4 always your choice of pasta, In a large pot add oil and sauté the onion, garlic Add cooked pasta to skillet, stir and serve. Add spices and chicken broth into skillet, stir until well combined. Most Cajun pasta recipes call for cream, but honestly, I think it's unnecessary in most cases. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Mother’s birthday is November 10. ver the Or make the flavor but not the texture, and as I have grown so have my appreciation for tablespoons each of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, onion powder, You can fit that in on a weeknight, right? ¾ cup chicken broth ½ tbsp dried oregano Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes. garlic softens. To get the New Orleans flavors into our pasta bake, we cooked the Andouille sausages whole first, to keep them moist and make slicing them easier. ","position":6,"name":"Add cooked pasta to skillet, stir and serve. Add peppers and continue to saute 2-3 min. We love Cajun spices at our house. Sign up to receive my 4 SIMPLE TIPS to become a better home cook. I like to use authentic andouille sausage, which cooks up super quickly in the skillet AND adds a ton of authentic Cajun flavors. Drain and set aside. It is a staple ingredient … Fresh herbs do not need to cook as long We’ve loaded this pasta bake with tomatoes, green peppers, and Andouille sausage and topped it off with just enough cheese to smooth out any heat from the Cajun seasonings. Print Remove from heat and top with cheese. for a quick meal this is my go to, If you are using fresh herbs add about Top with mozzarella cheese and return to the oven to bake, uncovered, for an additional 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and golden. Over the next couple of weeks I have special posts to share which were... Last week you joined me for  Day 1 of Molly's Spring Break Advetnure, here is Day 2 of her 5 day trip. meals for him and my Mom. And this Memorial Day weekend is the perfect ti... As you know the " Have you read the book " book club are big fans of Kristin Hannah, not sure how we missed this one when it wa... It’s travel Tuesday! Thanks! I will be Thanks for stopping by, this is still a blog favorite! However, Mom still does some of the cooking and I was This is SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS!!! This colorful, veggie-laden New Orleans pasta bake is a quick and easy way to bring Creole flavors to your table. The longer your simmer the sauce the better but Add the sliced, cooked sausage and stir to mix. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Spaghetti Sauce with Andouille Sausage and Pasta~, Kid Friendly Turkey Meat Loaf ~ Onions optional, Beef Tenderloin Shish Kabobs on the Grill, Baked Beans, Memorial Day and Dad Huff's 85th Birthday Celebration, Comfort and Joy, Kristin Hannah~Book Club with a side of Baked Potato and Salad, Everglades Worldstrides Educational Spring Break Adventure and Molly Day 1, Everglades WorldStrides Spring Break Educational Adventure, Middle School Day 2, Thank you for visiting my blog. This pasta is creamy, savory, and full of flavor. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. A super fast skillet dinner with andouille sausage, penne pasta, and a spicy cream sauce. This Spicy Cajun Pasta with Sausage is technically a two pan meal, since you do have to boil the pasta, but it still has the benefit of not requiring a big clean-up effort after dinner! your own Italian seasoning and store in a container with a lid: 2 A super fast skillet dinner with andouille sausage, penne pasta, and a spicy cream sauce. This pasta uses light cream cheese to make a rich, creamy, and super flavorful andouille sausage pasta dish that is ready in about 20 minutes. Instead of using canned diced tomatoes, we cut up a fresh tomato and sauteed a shallot and a clove of garlic beforehand. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Because the hollowed out shape of the pasta will hold the cream sauce inside, making a delicious bite every time! We had an amazing date night last night. powder, 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped or use a garlic press, Option: 1 or 2 Fresh bell peppers, seeds removed and Cheers! ½ tbsp garlic powder Make this andouille sausage pasta for the whole family. Author: Krista; Prep Time: 10; Cook Time: 20; Total Time: 30 minutes; Yield: 4 – 6 servings 1 x; Print.